Children's ibuprofen and tylenol question (my daughter is 18mos old)

I got Children's Ibuprofen and Tylenol as opposed to Infants.

Infant's is for 6mos to 23 mos
Children's says 2-11 years

My daughter is 18 months but she is 25 pounds.

On the back of the Children's it says for 2-3 year olds (25-35 pounds) that you can give them a tsp. Since my daughter meets the weight requirement, it is safe to use the children's on her, correct? I won't give her a full tsp as she is just meeting the weight requirement but I want to be sure it's safe...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you can give her the full tsp if she meets the weight requirement if your worried about dosing call a 24 hour phamacy they will be glad to help and it will make you feel better to talk to someone that knows.
    traren

Answer by traren at 10:15 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Call the pharmacy or the pediatrician. They will be able to tell you if the dose in a tsp of one is the same as the dose in a tsp of the other. It's better to ask the pharmacist if you can
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 10:17 PM on May. 1, 2011

• My doctor has told me to always go by weight......
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:22 PM on May. 1, 2011

• My DDs pedi told me to give a tsp but my DD weighs only 21lbs. I didn't agree with it so I still stick with infants. Since your DD meets the weight requirement, I'd just phone the doctor and run it by them first.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 11:32 PM on May. 1, 2011

• When my son was about that age his dr told me to start getting the childrens. My mom who's an RN told me to go by weight because that's what the dr. Do. I would say you are all good with the childrens.
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 1:43 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Yep you can give her the children's It just looks like your giving her a lot because the children's isn't concentrated like the infants.

retent

Answer by retent at 1:51 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I've always been told by our pediatrician to go by the weight whenever possible. If it makes you more comfortable, split the difference between her age and her weight. For example, if the dose for her age is 1/2 tsp, but the dose for her weight is 1 tsp, give her 3/4 tsp.
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 1:52 AM on May. 2, 2011