to circumsise or to not???

What are the risks and what are the benefits?? My husband is not, and we are trying to decide wether or not we want our son to be.. what you girls think? I am scared for him, becasue I know it will be painful and what if they mess up his manhood!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If you are being swayed by the "cleanliness" arguments, think about the fact that girls have a lot more folds and swirls down there than any uncircumsized boy.
    If you are swayed by the "It was done in the Bible", well, so was slavery!
    If you think it's "ugly" or "gross" why do you think what God made is ugly?
    If you think it's just like getting your daughter's ears pierced, it's more like getting her ears cut off?
    And when all is said and done, how would you feel if somebody tied you down and chopped a hunk of your privates off and told you you don't need it, won't miss it, and you'll just have to learn to deal with it.
    Anonymous

• I think mutilating your sons penis should be child abuse. My sons WILL NOT be circumsized.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 10:23 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• God doesn't make mistakes, and made him right to begin with
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 10:24 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• my son had his and really he didn't even cry or anything after he had it done... like once he was back in our care. It wasn't even an option for me and my husband he said that would be embarassing for him when he's older if he isn't. People say oh they can decide when their older and i know two men that wish they had it done when they were a baby because there is no way they'll do it now. It won't mess up his manhood. This is like trimming nails for the peds in the hospital LOL. It all comes down to what you and your hubby want... but really it didn't affect my son at all i think it hurt worse for me to see than him!!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:26 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I am against circumsicion I see no reason to make a baby go through something like that for a cosmetic procedure.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 10:27 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Personally I did not have my son, I researched it and there is no medical reason to have it done. Only if your jewish. You have to look it up. They used to do it mainly so there would be less infections but that was back then it not relavant now. They say it does not hurt them, I call BS. I have watched some videos on youtube and the manner in which its done I can conceive having my child go through that. Watch one they literally strap them down and cut it off. My husband is not, so we also figured it was best to have them look the same.
    Jenlos

Answer by Jenlos at 10:29 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• They do this for a reason and it's not so they have a pretty penis for the ladies when they get older!!!!! When you are not circimcized there is increased risks for all types of infections among other things!!! My youngest couldnt be circimcized because he was born with his urethra on the outside and its been nothing but trouble its always irritated and whatnot anyway yea it does look better but they do this for a reason!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 10:30 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• NO! I don't remove functioning body parts are let doctors perform cosmetic surgey on babies too young to choose. It's very wrong, IMO.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:30 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Both of my boys are! I think anything else is just wrong! Uncircumsised penises increase the rate of cervical cancer and vaginal infections in their women because bacteria grows under the skin. Jewish people circumsise because of a religious reason, and Jews are diagnosed with cervical cancer almost 70 times less than others... There is a reason for that...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• sorry can not conceive
    Jenlos

Answer by Jenlos at 10:31 AM on Dec. 4, 2008