Idk why my son crys every time he sees my mom?

My mom baby sits 2 days a week and the rest is my mother in-law babysits. My 5 months old son loves to talk to my mom in baby words of course. He laughs all the time with my mom during the time she's here. My mom comes every sunday night and everytime my son will cry when he first saw her. He never cry seeing my in-law or any strangers, but only crys when my mom comes. The cry is very short and he'll be fine again. Do you think he just misses her? or something else?

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 10:29 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• maybe he cries because he wants her to hold him right away.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 10:31 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Maybe he's excited and that's how he shows it
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 10:49 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I guess just see if it is a " i want you" cry or if it is a fearful cry. If he puts his arms out to you like he wants you or his dad than maybe i would wonder maybe somethings wrong.
    shannon979

Answer by shannon979 at 11:15 PM on May. 1, 2011

• To me it sounds like he is crying because you are leaving, and he wants mommy. Than when you're gone and he has Grandma I'm sure all is well :)
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 1:58 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Lol, babies are hard to figure out, especially because they can't tell us what they want with words! I wouldn't worry about it, sometimes they just go through weird selective love periods! My son did that with my father for a few weeks, and the only person hurt by that was my dad, lol! we still laugh about that and bluntly say ''hey dad, remember when my son didn't like u for a month''!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:05 PM on May. 2, 2011