Regular checkup?

While I could take better care of myself, I am not obviously suffering or ill in any way. However, in the last five years, I have only gone to doctors for prenatal and gynecological appointments. While those appointments do involve a certain amount of attention to overall health, the scope is still limited.
My husband has also gone awhile without seeing a general practitioner. He had to get a tonenail trimmed a couple times (it was growing into the skin and causing pain), but very few tests not directly related to the appointment are done. Both my husband and I are in our early twenties.
I hear that it's not considered necessary to visit a doctor every year anymore, but there doesn't seem to be any agreement on a time frame that someone should see one regardless of need.
So how often does everyone else go for a regular checkup and what recommendations can you give for people that can't remember their last visit.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I think people should get a regular checkup at least every year regardless of age. My hubby, 32 went years without goin to the doctor and the end of last year he went and found out that he has high blood pressure, diabeties. Maybe if he had went years before he could have avoided it.
    Jenlos

Answer by Jenlos at 10:37 AM on Dec. 4, 2008