Bare minerals users...

does it really work as well as they say it does? I really don't want to by it and find out it doesn't work well. :\

MamaStuart

Asked by MamaStuart at 10:30 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• i think it depends on your skin type. I have big pores, combo dry/oily skin, freckles and right now i have two red blimishes. somedays i really like it, (i use the matte) and somedays I feel like it doesn't work worth crap. i know that doesnt help haaa. do you have an ulta or sephora? go to those stores or one like it and ask someone to put it on you (and explain how to use it properly) and then see if you like the coverage and if it stays on throughout the day. sephora has a great return policy so if you hate it you can return it!
    although somedays i feel like it doesn't cover well, i WOULD recommend it to someone.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:33 PM on May. 1, 2011

• yes ! I love it but I also like ulta brand mineral foundation and finishing powder... it's really good and a fraction of the cost. it's about 14.00 each
    traren

Answer by traren at 10:34 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I have oily skin on my t zone. I LOVE it!! It blends in beautifully and is the only foundation I will use! I use 2 different colors and blend them to get my perfect match.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 10:35 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Love love love mine !!! My face is two tone so it covers the red areas great and looks natural, not caked on.. My only flaw with it is after a 12 hour shift my red is peaking through..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:45 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I'm not a user but I have tried it and I didn't care for it all. You have to try it for yourself to see how it goes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on May. 2, 2011

• In the past Sephora has had live demonstratiosn of the Bare Minerals foundation. If you have a store where you live, maybe you could get them to use it on you so you can see for yourself. I happen to love it and I have very oily skin.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 9:58 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I tried it before and was too impressed. Go with Mary Kay they have all mineral products. Marykay.com will help find a consultant. That way you can try before you buy!!! Plus 100% garunteed!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 12:49 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I like it, but I don't find it has the kind of coverage (for imperfections) that the ads claim. I use the mat version too. I usually just use the warmth as a subtle blusher, and then cover with mineral veil. For going out, I add the foundation. I like that you get sunscreen protection without chemicals. I use a moisturizer with sunscreen, but in summer, you can't have too much protection. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:44 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I use Arbonne mineral powder and feels like I have nothing on my face. itisawesome. I use to hate wearing makeup! ha! This stuff is amazing and looks great! its also safe for your skin and has spf in it! let me know if this helps honey!
    arbnmom

Answer by arbnmom at 8:46 AM on May. 3, 2011

• love my bare minerals!
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 3:39 PM on May. 7, 2011