Unanswerd questions maybe?!

So my father passed away a month ago yesterday..i still have not totally wrapped my brain around the whole thing yet..we didn't have a good father/daughter thing and he would call me out of the blue from time to time..i would go to my grandparents house where he would be and sometimes he wouldn't even talk to me.(maybe a smile).but the thing im having trouble with is knowing if he truly loved me..he never said it to me or my bro or sis..i just was hoping i would hear him say it b4 he passed but it never came out of his mouth..do you think he just thought i knew? i am trying to go on that thought but im not sure..so many question's that will never be answered now that he's gone..

gracelessstar21

Asked by gracelessstar21 at 10:58 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I am so sorry for the loss of your Dad- but, more than that- i am sorry you were left with alot of unanswered questions & wondering how he felt- although, my Dad is still alive- i am in the same situation; i have never had a great relationship with him & growing up i was always really scared of him- it has been quite awhile since i have spoke to him- honestly, i can not remember One Time my Dad has Ever told me he Loved me but, i believe he does- i believe that your Dad Loved you too- i do think alot of Dads ( Moms Too) just assume we know..... b/c for some- it is just Too Hard to say " I Love You" i agree with the other posters that said maybe counseling would be a good thing for you- it will help you work through everything you are feeling- i was in counseling for a long time & it really helped me- Wishing you lots of luck!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 12:31 AM on May. 2, 2011

• i'd say honey you need to go talk to someone .... better to go ahead and do it now instead of living in misery for years
    traren

Answer by traren at 11:01 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I agree with traren. Talking to someone might help. Maybe in doing so you can realize somethings about you and your dad that would ease your mind. My sympathies to you.
    daina82

Answer by daina82 at 11:29 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I think all too often we expect others to act like we do, like if you love somebody you let them know. Some people are just NOT like that! I am sure your dad loved you all, probably just didn't really know how to love! I am so sorry for your loss. Just remember him in a way that is loving, because you have no idea what his life was like and what his scars were. God bless.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:21 PM on May. 2, 2011