What is your favorite little known film?

My Sister and her hubby came over tonight, and we all watched a great movie called 'The Fall'. I wasn't too sure about it because I never saw it in the theaters, or even heard of it, but my S/O found it and made us all watch it. I'm so glad he did! It was delightful! It's the story of a little girl named Alexandria who is laid up in a hospital recovering from a broken arm. In there, she meets Roy, an actor who begins to tell her a story night after night. Though he tells the story, what we see as the audience is her version of his tale. The little girl really steals the show though! She was adorable, and so refreshingly sincere in her part! I highly recommend this visually striking, imaginative story to all you ladies out there! Got any other recommendations at all?

pinwheel

Asked by pinwheel at 11:16 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Entertainment

• i like the Anne of Green Gables movies. it's about a very intelligent, eccentric orphan who was addopted by an older company who wanted a boy to help them run the farm. But they fall in love with her and can't send her back. the movies follow her life for years after. it's very good. i actually think i'm going to watch them again. lol
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 11:20 PM on May. 1, 2011

• To Jillian on her 37th Birthday was a great one. Michelle Pfeiffer is in it. It's a really sad but great movie.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:32 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Touch

"TOUCH chronicles a young former Franciscan monk's return to Los Angeles following years spent in a remote jungle monastery. Charlie Lawson--or Juvenal (Skeet Ulrich), as he is known--takes a job in a rehab center, where he discovers stigmata on his palms and a gift for healing when he restores a blind woman's sight. As word of his miracles gets out, con man Bill Hill (Christopher Walken) sees money in these divine occurrences and sends promoter pal Lynn Faulkner (Bridget Fonda) to infiltrate Juvenal's world and find out if he's authentic. In true farcical style, she falls for him in the process. What follows are many slightly zany attempts to capture Juvenal and his powers by a religious zealot and two sharklike reporters. "

http://www.allmovieportal.com/b/skeetulrich.html

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:37 PM on May. 1, 2011

• The Fall made me cry a little bit... well tear up. The little girl is fabulous...I just adored her acting.

Idiocracy was funny and different.

Damn, I know I like a lot of indy films, but can't think of any off hand... I hate going blank.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 12:42 AM on May. 2, 2011

• "Les Triplettes de Belleville"!

An animated French film from (I believe) 2004, it has virtually no dialogue and is entirely reliant on visuals and music to tell the story. The animation style is fantastic. It's one of my very favorite movies, and everyone I've ever shown it to has loved it.

Also, although it's not exactly "little known", everyone should see "Spirited Away" at least once during their lifetime. Another animation, (by the genius Miyazaki), it is the visual equivalent of enjoying a feast. Great characters, great story. I wish more movies were like this one.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 2:40 PM on May. 2, 2011

• The Tall Guy with Emma Thompson and Jeff Goldblum, it's a quirky romantic comedy.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:16 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Little known film - Kinky Boots (not what you think ...)
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:36 PM on May. 3, 2011