So what would you do?

DH and i visited with his parents and i am 3 months pregnant and she looks at my stomach and starts saying you're having twin oh i can't wait to tell everyone and runs for the phone we stop her and tell her we are only having one baby so she laughs at me and says "Oh so you've just gotten fat this time" i was speechless i just had a baby in September and lost all but five pounds of my pregnancy weight and have only gained 6 pounds so she is telling all of her friends that i am huge and should be having twins but i'm just fat....WTH!!!!!!!

krissii

Asked by krissii at 11:16 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Let her know that this pregnancy has you on edge and you could snap and kill her any moment.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 11:20 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Smack her upside the head..hard.
    Uhura

Answer by Uhura at 11:24 PM on May. 1, 2011

• i wouldn't worry about it at all sometimes M. in-laws are horrible... just remember that when your dh is buying her mother's day present better yet you do it for him.... make sure it's her fav. candy lol and birthday same thing and well christmas this year buy her a work out dvd..., lol since she's so worried about your weight maybe she should worry about her own....
    traren

Answer by traren at 11:26 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Most everyone knows you show faster with the second... what a fool your MIL is!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:27 PM on May. 1, 2011

• My MIL did the same by saying, Oh I know you're having a girl cuz you've gotten so big. Mind you this is before the 4mos! It's hard to accept her stupidity, but she's gonna be around for a while : / and I've decided to limit the times I see her. She lives 20min away and watches my 2yo every Tues. I don't need to see her more than that! LOL!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 11:30 PM on May. 1, 2011

• naw just tell her you are trying to match her figure
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 11:44 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Thanks ladies i needed the laugh and support i just couldn't believe that she's actually gotten more vile since that day saying i should stop eating or the baby would be obese (she said the same with DD after i got gestational diabetes she told me i would kill my daughter or she would weigh 10 pounds.....dd was 7lbs 5 oz chicks crazy)
    krissii

Comment by krissii (original poster) at 11:50 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Holy cow. WHat is wrong with her??? How rude!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:13 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I'd have rubbed her belly and said "Are we doing a 'father of the bride II' thing??? oh, no? oops...." the joys of being pregnant, be a b**** , blame the hormones!!!! :)
    MomOfMonkeys811

Answer by MomOfMonkeys811 at 1:45 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Wow first of all that sounds like a very invalidating and ineffective thing for someone to say to you, the second thing I'd like to say is that if you are pregnant you are obviously going to gain weight because you are carrying another life....so the FACTS are that you are pregnant...the JUDGEMENT is that you are fat and this is not a fact....I hope that helps...also I feel sorry for the person who said that to you because it sounds like they don't really have a filter over their mouth and I'd imagine that because of that that you aren't the only person who has felt this way around them....I would let it slide off of my mind like an egg on a teflon pan and consider the source and then I would check the facts...hope everything works out for you....:)
    Northwestchic85

Answer by Northwestchic85 at 2:57 AM on May. 2, 2011