Pregnant & Low blood sugar level. Anyone else are/been there?

I was feeling nauseas then so dizzy that I had to lie down. Paramedics checked my sugar level and it was 73. I'm 7mos prego. I have my glucose test scheduled for Tues. but I'm worried. Anyone else are/been there??

Vero0724

Asked by Vero0724 at 11:23 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have type one diabetes so I was diabetic my entire pregnancy. don't worry it's not as bad as you probably are worried about. It could also just be an episode of not eating enough or eating all sugar all day (i don't know how you ate today). you could just being showing signs of pre gestational diabetes and not necessarily full blown gestational diabetes. regardless of what happens don't worry you'll be ok.
    hali23

Answer by hali23 at 11:31 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I had plain oatmeal with blueberries for breakfast. About an hr before the episode I had a fiber one bar. Then a watermelon icee. Then a cheesestick. Could the watermelon icee done this??
    Vero0724

Comment by Vero0724 (original poster) at 11:37 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I seriously doubt it. I don't pretend to know a lot about gestational diabetes because there are differences between it and type one, but it sounds like you were eating healthy and I think you probably will have issues with diabetes through you pregnancy. up and down sugars are pre-signs of diabetes, also, have you been drinking/peeing a lot?
    hali23

Answer by hali23 at 11:45 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Been peeing a lot, but I was drinking a lot of water. **sigh*** just have to wait n see what my ob says tomorrow when I tell her.
    Vero0724

Comment by Vero0724 (original poster) at 12:32 AM on May. 2, 2011

• good luck! if it turns out you do have diabetes you can pm me questions.
    hali23

Answer by hali23 at 3:54 AM on May. 2, 2011