When did you first take you child to a zoo?

just wondering when you took your child to a zoo or if you haven't yet and a bout the experience or anything basically!? lol.

92210love

Asked by 92210love at 11:46 PM on May. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• We took my son when he was 7 months old. I don't think he really knew what he was looking at or the point of it, but he liked it all the same, lol. We just took him again recently when he was 18 months old and he LOVED looking at the animals. Granted, he was making "doggie" noises at all of them, lol, but he totally understood why we were there. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:48 PM on May. 1, 2011

• She was about 10 months. We didn't go for the whole day, about 3 hours. She sat in her wagon and loved it!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:48 PM on May. 1, 2011

• thats cool, its just warming up where i live and im so excited to take my daughter to the zoo for the first time :D
    92210love

Comment by 92210love (original poster) at 11:50 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Before he could walk. Most zoos have a childrens zoo, which often have animals they can touch. In nice weather, you put them in the stroller or wagon, depending on age and there is so much to look at for them. It is a great walk for you!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:50 PM on May. 1, 2011

• i plan on taking my daughter within the next couple months and she is 7 months she may not know what she is looking at but she enjoys animals and i think she will get a kick out of it
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 11:53 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Her 1st visit to the zoo was very memorable. 2yo-ish... I think. and was able to walk alot & name some of the animals..
    We have had a zoo membership since her visit. we love it & go as often as we can
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:56 PM on May. 1, 2011

• My oldest was a month old. But we were there with my husband's niece and nephew. My other kids were similar ages because we were taking our older kids. My youngest was almost 9 months (we went earlier this month). He had a blast. He loved the elephants.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:03 AM on May. 2, 2011

• We took our kids there when they were little babies while they had no interest the animals (at that age) they did enjoy the fresh air and riding in their stroller.... while hubs and I walked around and looked at the animals. Now that the kids are older they have more interest in the Zoo and animals, and we go quite a few times during the year.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:07 AM on May. 2, 2011

• We took my boys when they were 3 and 18 months. It was wonderful, they both loved it.
    elliecooper

Answer by elliecooper at 12:14 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I started taking DD to the zoo before she was even a year old. We have a membership and go several times a year. She loves it!!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:15 AM on May. 2, 2011