Boy Or Girl?!?!?!

I was wondering if anyone has heard any old tales on how to get pregnante with a boy or a girl.....Or has anyone tried something and it worked or didnt work.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Just for Fun

• i haven't heard any but the one when you find out the sex of the baby was right for both of my kids. Put a needle on a string and steddy your arm and if it goes side to side( boy) and in a circle (girl)
    ariesmom20

Answer by ariesmom20 at 10:36 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I hear some where if you have sex all the time your going to have a girl and the faster you get pregant it's going to be a girl. Well I guess it worked with me it took us a year to get pregant with our DS and only a month to get pregant with our daughter.
    samsmom14

Answer by samsmom14 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Honey there are no ways to ensure you get pregnant with a boy or girl, its all old wives tales and i dont believe they work. I know b/c the prior post about getting pregnant fast is not true it took me two yrs to get preggo with my lil one and i had a girl, my mom got preggo with my brother just 2 mnths after i was born so i dont think anything you hear will help. God gives you what he knows you should have. All children whether boys or girls are a blessing and i would not worry too much on the sex of the child as long as they are happy and healthy that is all that matters.!
    virgosuperstar

Answer by virgosuperstar at 11:03 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Haha, it's an old wives' tale just like the rest of them...but my mom said to douche with vinegar if you want a girl, because female sperm live in an acid base. If you want a boy, douche with some sort of baking soda mix.

But yeah...it's pretty much the luck of the draw unless you pay a lot of money to some geneticist who can insert the fertilized egg into your uterus. Even if you follow every one of the wives' tales and do exactly all the right positions...it could go wrong and you could get the sex you didn't want.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:33 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• its all chance, sperm dont have brains, they just are what they are, i'm sure they can do a test somewhere to see the majority of whats what, but no, there are no ways to 100% ensure what you will have.
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 11:33 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• There's a boook called How To Choose The Sex of Your Baby -by Landrum Shettles and David Rorvik. My sil used it when she was trying to get pregnant. She wanted a girl and got one. I think a lot of it is just chance, but there are some differences in the way female vs male sperm swim. good luck!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My mom did that needle thing on me. But it went in a circle 3 x's and back and forth once.I have 3 boys and a baby on the way.An eailier post said its the other way around idk.its all old wifes tales but its fun.
    kat247

Answer by kat247 at 12:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• When it comes down to it it is up to God, but I did read How to chose the sex of your baby and it worked for us both times...we wanted boys and have two.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• We wanted a boy and got one. From what I could gather, boy sperm swim quicker, but die sooner. Girl sperm swim slower, but swim for a longer period of time. For a boy, you need the sperm there while the egg is out, so like, the day you ovulate. The egg is only good for 24 hours. The girl sperm swim for longer, so if they're in for a few days already when the egg pops out, they're still alive and haven't gotten lost or dead like the boy sperm.

In short, for a boy, have sex the day you ovulate, or the day before. For a girl, have sex a few days before you ovulate.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2008