Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can I do to keep my dh happy and ex friends at bay?

I had a car loan in a friend's name. I made every payment on time every time. The same friend had an agreement with dh for a camper. We thought we paid it off, she says we still owe more than half the original cost. The couple has since raft
retired. They are back for the summer and demand more money. I want dh to be happy and them too. I'm not paying for a. A. Car or. Camper I dont own. What should I do????

Answer Question

Asked by pixidst73 at 12:09 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Relationships

Level 8 (223 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Do you have checks that prove you made the payments, can you contact the bank? You need to find some sort of documentation proving that you have made the payments, or it can turn ugly pretty fast.

    Answer by spottedpony at 12:29 AM on May. 2, 2011

  • I paid cash. Stupid me. I thought she was honest!

    Comment by pixidst73 (original poster) at 12:31 AM on May. 2, 2011

  • Since you can't prove payments and she can't prove you didn't...
    Possession is 9/10ths of the law...
    Sorry dear. Some lessons are just more expensive than others.

    Answer by Ms.Gwen at 9:09 AM on May. 2, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
What makes you... adult content

Next question overall (Entertainment)