Am I the ONLY one ?

Hey, Im 17 ! && I just feel like im trapped. Im so sick of not being able to go out and have fun with my friends because of my son (2yrs). I think i just need more friendds in my situation or that can understand what im dealing with. I mean am I the only one feeling like this ???? somebody help me LOL :)

Lady.S

Asked by Lady.S at 12:28 AM on May. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• im 18 and i have two i only go out once a month with my husband. You decided to have a baby so its your priority now but that dont mean you cant have fun. Try to go out once or twice a month its good to releive stress..
    mommy1820

Answer by mommy1820 at 12:32 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Evey mother feels that way. I was 25 when I planned to have my DD, I was never much of a partier to begin with, and I still feel trapped. You'll probably get a lot of people telling you that's what happens when you have kids so young, but it also happens when you have kids and you're older. I didn't think I would feel trapped at all since I was older and out of the "party" stage, but I do.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 12:34 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Sorry, I am not 17 but I have had children. You put yourself on the fast track and you are now living a much more adult life than your years in age. It has to be difficult, but this is the reality of babies. You might be able to find a sitter or family occasionally. And truthfully, everyone needs a break from time to time, 17 or not! But your life is going to be centered around that baby for quite awhile now and that is that. It is going to be hard to find friends your age without children because you are on a different chapter now.

However, you should try your church or possibly a single mom's group. Part of finding a good friend is finding someone who has some things in common with you.

I am really impressed that you have taken care of your baby for 2 years already. I am not sure I could have done what you are doing when I was 17! Just keep up the good work and things will eventually straighten out for you socially!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:35 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I feel like that sometimes ,especially because my friends all went to schools kind of far away. I was 19 when I became a Mother and unless you know someone about the same age with kids it can be very isolating. Heck that's why I took up cafemom because I felt it would be a good place to find friends,a good part of what I've found was a fight but most of it has been good.
    We have a young moms group on here you might be able to find some people on there in about the same situation.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 12:38 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I was never a party type of person either, its just now that I have been forced to stay home for the past two years i wana qo have funn. dont get me wronq i love my son && hes my responsibility, but i could use a break ever once in a while && ppl dont seem to understand that. Getting out of the house maybe once a month would be great even if its going to the movies alone but i have no sitter so where ever i go my son is attached to my side. && thts part of why i joined cafemom, my older sister said i miqht be able to find ppl my age qoing throuqh similar thinqs. being a single teenage mom gets a little lonely especially when everyone else is leaving . :/
    Lady.S

Comment by Lady.S (original poster) at 12:50 AM on May. 2, 2011

• IDK I have 5 kids and Iam 25, I had my son at 17 ( preg at 16) and I have always loved being a SAHM, wife and parent in general! I married my husband, he joined the army ( and we have 20 more years to go...lol) and I adore my life.... try to do allot more with your son, and enjoy time with him! GL
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:56 AM on May. 2, 2011

• You still need you time. Unfortunately since you are only 17 people will accuse you of being "just another teen mom" but truth is all mothers regardless of age deserve a break. It's just going to be a litle rougher for you. Maybe try finding older moms that were teen moms. I'm sure they'd understand you better than anyone.
    1stTimeMama2010

Answer by 1stTimeMama2010 at 9:03 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I'm 25 and I haven't had any me time in 5 years! We ALL need more time for ourselves!
    Check on craigslist for babysitters in your area there are lots of SAHMs that are willing to take on another kid. Heck, I would for you, especially if you returned the favor down the line lol
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 9:10 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I know its hard when you start young because others your age are not typically going through what you're going through. When you do because im sure you will find people you have things in common with that will help you get out once in a while, make sure they are GOOD people. I know it sounds corny but you're doing a good job taking care of your baby you don't need people that are going to be cuttin up and draggin you down GL
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 11:43 AM on May. 2, 2011

• thankss for the advice everybody, i appreciate it :)
    Lady.S

Comment by Lady.S (original poster) at 1:28 PM on May. 2, 2011