Do Americans have double standards??

I've heard so many people say that it was our troops who killed bin Ladin. ( I'm in no way saying that they didn't, they did) that all Obama did was so "ok go ahead" however, we are ok with saying bush screwed up when he said, " go ahead" when there was supposedly WMD, and none where found. So why is it, that we will put blame on a president for screwing up, yet we won't give credit to our president who finished what bush started?!

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 12:34 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• laird- unfortunately, the people at the top are generally given the credit or the flack because they have the ultimate responsibility-

In my ICU, the nurse is the person at the bedside 24/7. We routinely assess and monitor all vital functions and inform the MDs r/e the slightest changes. MDs expect us to have a plan of care as to how to solve the problems. if you want to get your arse chewed, go to an MD about a  pt problem,  WITHOUT having your clear and concise solutions and plan of care.

Who gets the credit, the doctor who whips in for 5 minutes or the nurses who provides the 24 hour care? You want the accolades become the leader or the boss.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:07 AM on May. 2, 2011

• If you're finding time to hate on Obama when everyone should be happy because of such great news, you seriously need help.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:50 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Some do-

The job of the leader is to manage and motivate OTHERS to do their jobs. The leader does not fire the bullet. The leader meets with the people, who inform the commander, to instruct the worker, to fire the bullet. Big ole chain of command- Apparently, some have never worked in an "organization".

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:41 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I think even if Obama went and strangled him dead with his own hands they'd still be bitching about him.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:40 AM on May. 2, 2011

• baby- ignore the naysayers. They have nothing- this is a positive, and they can.not.stand.it-such 1 sided thinkers. GOP better start working in overdrive. There are lots of agitated constituents right now!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:48 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I would also like to add another psoitive: every time someone asks the question, "Name one thing Obama has done for our country?"

We can all say in unison  "He was the POTUS and CiC when UBL was killed."

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:58 AM on May. 2, 2011

Answer by Nanixh 2 minutes ago

*****************************
    I know!! He just can't win, they won't give him any credit . The Commander in Chief...he is the leader of the troops....he and the military and intelligence have been working on this for months ....and I am proud of The Pres and the Military. Shouldn't we all be happy now? I think so.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:44 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Aren't we ALL thanking the Military? YES! We ALL appreciate the troops. YOU KNOW that. But the President has been bashed even NOW and he deserves a liitle credit too and not the unfair,biased bashing that seems to be a real trend among so many cold hearted, anti-Obama posters here.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:12 AM on May. 2, 2011

• WTH is with EVERYONE trying to give credit to people other than the troops? THEY are the ones out there fighting, risking their lives, watching their brothers and sisters in arms be injured and killed. FOCUS ON THE TROOPS.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 12:39 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Sorry coward 1 minute ago- Obama is the leader....when it goes in the history books it will be under his name. Leader gets the negatives and the positives. TODAY it's a big ole positive!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:46 AM on May. 2, 2011