Is it ok to be happy for a assassination? Christians

I am of course referring to Osama Bin Ladens death. I have been raised to NEVER be happy for the death of a person no matter what, but what he did to thousands of innocents, what he controlled and put into play. I feel he deserved it, that he got justice, karma, wtfe you know it as. But at the same time my moms voice is in my head telling me not to be happy that justice got served so I'm kinda torn...but at the same time I can't help but be happy that he's gone I know it won't end with him but hopefully we can lessen it ya know?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 12:34 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I think people are really reaching for questions to stir the pot. But, in this circumstance, the answer is BE HAPPY!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:35 AM on May. 2, 2011

• BE HAPPY THAT BAD MAN KILLED MANY INNOCENT PEOPLE AS AMERICANS WE NEED TO BE HAPPY !!!!!!!!!!!!
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:38 AM on May. 2, 2011

• glad im not the only one who's torn...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:38 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Reaching a bit OP?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on May. 2, 2011

• patrioticWar is mention in the bible. I am happy and proud!   Just be HAPPY and enjoy your the rest of the night and your MONDAY! God bless us all!

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 12:40 AM on May. 2, 2011

• REMEMBER the "lord" led the children of israel into battle against their FELLOWMEN?? HHMM?? I see where u are tying to go with this. good luck with that. OBAMA YES WE CAN!!!!!!! BIG UPS TO THE TROOPSamerican flag ribbon

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 12:40 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Seriously, I could hug you right now. I was just on the phone talking to my mom about this! We feel like we are the ONLY ones who feel this way. I'm not a part of any religion, but my mom is a Christian. I am so glad you asked this. I feel like this...yes, he deserved it, yes, it was necessary, and yes, I know why people are relieved. But...something inside of me just cannot actually celebrate someone's death, no matter how horrible of a person they are. I feel like since God forgives, even if I can't forgive, I should still not cheer for their death. I'm not looking down on anyone who is, I just feel wrong doing it myself, deep down. I almost feel like I'M thinking wrongly, because everyone else is toasting to his death and I feel wrong doing it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:41 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Reaching a bit OP? "

Reaching towards what exactly?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:42 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I get voted down because I feel wrong celebrating a death? Really? I'm not saying that it's a bad thing that he was killed. I'm not saying I wish he wasn't. I'm just saying that I feel wrong cheering about a death, that's all. So, who voted me down? Care to say?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:45 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I voted you up... I feel the same. I'm the same as you... I see why this was necessary, I see why people are happy, I see that this was an individual who caused the death of thousands and sometimes there is nothing you can do with a mad dog but shoot it so it ceases to be a threat. But I can't lift a drink to someone's death. Not even this one.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:46 AM on May. 2, 2011