is she sick???

i took my 5 mo old to the doc last week because her nose was really stuffy and she had quite a cough. doc said its just a cold no worries unless fever develops. well last night she didnt sleep too well, acting pretty fussy and while eating her breakfast she randomly threw (what looked like everything) up all over me. she does not have a fever but she seems really tired..any suggestions what to do??? please i dont wanna call her doc for nothing??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter was about the same age last yr when she got her first cold. she just wanted to sleep all day adn did not want to eat, she did run a little fever for 2 days but never over 101. We just let it run its course, held her all day, all that good babying stuff. I didn't get a thing done for those days but my baby was sick and I felt I needed to hold her.
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 10:42 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Yeah kinda sucks, if your baby doesn't have a fever..the dr. will do nothing!! Which i understand, i would just continue to watch her..babies have there days to. There really isn't anything to do as long as she is eating and drinking..if she has only thrown up once it was probably random.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 10:49 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I have a 6 month old boy, who went through about the same thing when he was between 4 and 5 months. Come to find out, it was just because he was teething. Try giving her a warm wash cloth for her to chew on...the wetness of the cloth with sooth her tummy and should stop her puking...and the warmth of the cloth will sooth her gums.
    kandlmom85

Answer by kandlmom85 at 10:51 AM on Dec. 4, 2008