Painful sex after birth? adult content

My son is now 4 months old, and when my husband and I have sex its very painful... It was always a little uncomfortable because of size differences, but now it's horrible. I had one stitch and now where that stitch was it feels like it's ripping right there. The lube doesn't even help at all, along with the fact that most positions are impossible and of course we're getting tired of doing the same things over and over, but it hurts too bad to anything else... Has anyone else experienced this? Any tips (besides lube, which doesn't help)? I'm going crazy and I'm tired of only being able to only half enjoy sex because while it feels good, it also hurts like hell!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Health

• Yes it hurt for me as well for a while. But my dh would be as gentle as possible with me and we would try about once a week and after a while it no longer hurt any more. I think it hurt b/c giving birth is a huge truma, so I think even though stitches might be healed, it might not be fully healed. Also I think part of it might be mental in the respect that now we are moms and not "sex objects" . That's just what I think if any of that makes sense. I know though it got better for me, the pain is all gone and really didn't last all that long.try to drink a glass of wine before hand to relax, see if that helps. Good luck it will get better.
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 1:36 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I had an easy birth/labor with my first but it hurt to have sex for a year afterwards. There was really nothing I could figure out for us to do besides him being really gentle. With my second I never had it hurt afterwards so maybe it usually happens more often with the first.
    GodsAmiga

Answer by GodsAmiga at 2:38 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Thank you ladies... i appreciate the input... Guess I'll stock up on lube and make sure he keeps on being gentle until this goes away
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:32 PM on May. 5, 2011