I feel guilty sometimes

Because sometimes I really want a girl. Not like that I wish my son was a girl but I might be a little sad if the next baby is another boy. There are a lot of boys in my family. I will never forget from my grandfathers obituary where it said 20 grandsons and 5 granddaughters and 2 of those granddaughters were adopted. That's what I mean by A LOT of boys and there are quite a few boys in my husbands family so it would not be unlikely for us to have all or mostly boys.
I know I know there's a lot of factors that determine sex ie sperm(the main thing),vaginal ph, hell your diet and age supposted to affect it.
But I'm scared to death that I'm going to be the tenth person between our two families that has all boys and I feel horrible for feeling like this.

Am I unique in this? Again it's not that I won't love them if I get all boys but you can understand being disappointed by the thought right?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 1:04 AM on May. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Not really-I only have one child and am having extreme difficulty ttc child #2. Id be happy as hell to have a healthy child no matter boy or girl.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:10 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I've had issues too and honestly I'd still be overjoyed but it's just this teeny tiny part of me that want a girl.
    Though on the plus side DH and I do have a MUCH easier time picking boy names.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 1:14 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I think it's natural to want each, just as long as you still love whatever comes along in thee end
    pinwheel

Answer by pinwheel at 1:17 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I felt the same way when I became pregnant with my second child, who is a healthy baby girl. I really wanted a baby girl and I was going to be so disappointed if it were another boy. I would have still loved another son though! The most important thing though is for a healthy baby, which you already know! :)
    mamabaier

Answer by mamabaier at 1:18 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I wanted another boy n I'm having a girl. I'm excited that I'm going to have another baby and what that experience will be like with a toddler :)
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:32 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I have two girls and prayed and begged for boys...... there is a reason why you had a boy and could have all boys..... enjoy it and make friends with people that have girls. offer to babysit. get your girl time and then in 16 years enjoy the fact that you have boys and money!!! lol!!!!
    MomOfMonkeys811

Answer by MomOfMonkeys811 at 1:34 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I know what you mean I come a family of girls I have a ds and I would love to fill my house with boys. But im having one heck of a time getting pregnant so I would be happy no matter the sex as long as its healthy. You are feeling normal. Most ppl I know if they come from a family that has more boys they want girls or more girls they want boys. Don't feel guilty.
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 1:53 AM on May. 2, 2011

• hey momma I understand where ya coming from im 13 weeks prego with my 3rd child and i have 2 boys so yes i will be kinda disappointed if its another winky lol
    xaviersmamacita

Answer by xaviersmamacita at 2:11 AM on May. 2, 2011

• i was a little disapointed in finding out i was having a boy but i was excited because it was my parents first grandbaby and my parents had all girls lol. i am happy that allit takes to keep him happy is a toy car, but my ds has beautiful long hair.....and all i can do is a simple braid because he's a boy lol dh and i joke that if we have dd, she'll be born bald because ds got all the hair lol
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 10:18 AM on May. 2, 2011