What's wrong with you?

I've come to the conclusion that everyone's "broken." I've yet to meet one single person who doesn't have some physical (either medical or cosmetic) or mental condition (abject stupidity counts). So I ask, what's wrong with you? What part of you is "broken?" Is it fixable? Would you want to fix it?

AmourSpork

Asked by AmourSpork at 1:18 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Health

• My teeth, they are very soft and sensitive. I take care of them but aside from moving a dentist in my house there really isn't any hope for them. They only got worse when I was pregnant with my ds they would break on bread. I have asked the dentist to give me implants they tell me im to young that we should just fix them, but that wouldn't help the pain im in.
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 1:24 AM on May. 2, 2011

• teeth are sensitive and I'm wearing braces cuz of the gaps.
    Today I had low blood sugar n I'm 28wks prego
    emotionally, i'm a roller coaster. partly because of the pregnancy and because it's the story of my life :)
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:29 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I have hypothyroidism which is fixable and being kept stable with medications. I have Protein C Deficiency which is a blood clotting disorder that has contributed to the loss of 3 of my children. This is fixable and I will take care of it when I can. I have PTSD from losing 3 children. I have panic attacks. I have an abscessed tooth and am on meds for it right now. All of this is fixable. Some of it I can't afford to fix right now.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 1:35 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I could stand to lose some weight. I still get pimples and I'm 27. I forget shit all the time. I pick at the sides of my fingers and make them bleed, daily. Oh and I have a cyst on my back that keeps getting infected that I need to have surgically removed.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:59 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Hmmm...I don't know about broken-lol-but my bones hurt a lot-very sharp pains. Some days I can barely hold my daughters. I get random head pains that don't last for long but when sometimes they're so sharp that it makes my vision fuzzy or makes me see double. It's also made me have to sit down abruptly (I've had an MRI but they didn't find anything). I sometimes get dizzy spells. These aren't as common but when I get them I fall over and can't stand up until it begins to get better because when I try it's like trying to walk on a world that's sideways. I get random bruises-sometimes up to 50 on each leg. The past couple weeks I've started to get really bad headaches that feel like a million needles stabbing me. It makes me nauseous and can make my vision cloudy/fuzzy. That's all I can remember right now. Lol!
    GodsAmiga

Answer by GodsAmiga at 2:33 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Oh, and forgot to say that it can't be fixed because the doctors can't figure out what's wrong with me. I'd love to have all those things fixed though along with my panic attacks that have gotten better but that I still sometimes get if something triggers them.
    GodsAmiga

Answer by GodsAmiga at 2:34 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I agree with your assessment to a degree. Part of why I think so many folks are broken is because it's expected of us. The pharmaceutical companies do want to make lifelong patients of us and you can't watch a commercial or look at a magazine without getting the message that whatever you do, you are not cool unless you look a certain way or have a certain gadget (phone, whatever) or a certain type of car, house, and so on.

I'm not saying this to be conceited by I don't have anything wrong with me. I have no mental illness, and no health issues (and my doctors give me grief about the fact that I'm not on any medication or anything at age 47 since most of their patients are BUT there's no medical need for me to be). I feel great and people tell me I look much younger than I am. The only thing "wrong" with me if I was pressed for an answer is that I wear glasses/contacts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I have Melasma, hyperpigmentation do to pregnancy and later on from continued sun exposure. I am going to have it lasered away next yuear although it will take time for me to see any results. It is not a permanent fix but will help as long as I where a good sun hat and sun block it will not return as bad.
    Besides that I am a dran good cook and excellent quilter!
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 1:21 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I have a heart issue that isn't fixable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on May. 2, 2011

• im 13 weeks and already experience back pain havent felt baby move and have been for 3 weeks so go tomorrow to check on it! i got bipoler disorder and suffer from anxiety i could use braces im fat but cant do weightloss till after babys born lol my toe is infected from ingrown toe nail i got an earinfection i think i got a bladder infection wow this is awful hahaha im done complaining im alive so im blessed the end
    xaviersmamacita

Answer by xaviersmamacita at 2:08 AM on May. 2, 2011