So annoyed at my "employer"

I babysit a girl as a favor for my friend. I wake up at 545am so she can drop her off at 6, then at 8 I take her to school, I pick her up at 2:30 and keep her for 1-2 hours then her mom pics her up. Well I am annoyed because she had talked about calling in sick today so she cuold stay home with her hubby who has the day off. So yesterday I txt her asking if she is playing hooky or do I need to be up at 545. She said yes, she would be dropping her off at the usual time. So there I was up at 545 waiting... waiting... waiting. 6:30 rolls around and still nothing, and I know she has to be at work at 6:30. She told me she was coming, then didnt bother to text or call and let me know I could go back to bed. I am just soannoyed. Now I see her FB posts about her nice day with her and hubby. rgh. oh and she pays me sporadically wich drives me nuts too. I never want to say anything because she was my friend before she was my "employer". And I do like the money when I get paid, so I dont want her to find someone else. I just feel like it's a lack of respect. Sorry for the vent, just needed to let off steam.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• You need to tell her. Regardless if she's your friend, she's taking advantage of you and you need to call her on it. How much are you worth? seriously, you're more valuable to her than you know it!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:06 AM on May. 2, 2011

• She needs you more than you need her. Believe me, finding a good babysitter is no easy task. She's taking advantage of you and you need to make it right. No one can take advantage of you without your permission. Tell her that you'll be paid on each of her paydays and that if she'll be taking the day off to spend with her hubby, if she doesn't give you a 24 hour advance, then she'll be paying you regardless. Your time is important too. If she's your "friend", she'll understand. If not, you've lost nothing except an illusion. (((HUGS)))
    Droyal14u

Answer by Droyal14u at 4:22 AM on May. 2, 2011

• i think you should just talk to her nicely and just let her know how u feel disrespected i dont see anything wrong with that as long as your nice about it good luck
    martinsmom2008

Answer by martinsmom2008 at 10:16 AM on May. 2, 2011