What do you do with the dropped tooth brush?

My daughter is bawling her eyes out because I made her fish out her tooth brush from the toilet. We have issues where the kids tend to flush things and cause more problems than just fishing things out of it...so I told her to get it out.

Anyway...I've always been told to sanitize the tooth brush if the toilet's been flushed. I cleaned the toilet a few days ago, but well, with 6 people in the house, it's been used since then...but flushed when her tooth brush fell in. To sanitize it, bleach water soak, hydrogen peroxide...and good as new...it was an accident when she dropped it in, but made of money we are not...she'd veto the $ store brush in a heart beat.

So...if you'd dropped a tooth brush in the toilet...do you outright replace it or sanitize it (her tooth brush was fairly new too)???

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 2:32 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Health

• buy a new one
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 2:34 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I'd get a new one
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 2:35 AM on May. 2, 2011

• A tooth brush is just a couple of dollars....just toss the one that fell in and get a new one.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 3:07 AM on May. 2, 2011

• As everyone else says replace it. Would really want to use your tooth brush if it was dropped into the toilet?
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 3:24 AM on May. 2, 2011

• replace it
    alandou

Answer by alandou at 4:00 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Wash it in the dishwasher or boil it. A toilet has less germs in it than under your fingernails. A toilet is constantly being rinsed.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:36 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Replace it.
    beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:31 AM on May. 2, 2011

• get a new one and throw the other one away
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:08 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Replace it.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:48 AM on May. 2, 2011

• i would probably boil it or put in for a nice hot soapy water soak and use it until we could afford to get a new one. i totally understand where your coming from on the money situation.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 11:10 AM on May. 2, 2011