kicking

this sound like a stupid question but is the baby kicking suppose to hurt so bad it feels like he trying to beat me up he kicks so hard that it makes me jump sometime

symle456

Asked by symle456 at 10:47 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• That's not a dumb question. Until my third trimester, it never hurt for my baby to kick me. But, I'm very short and ran out of room for the little guy so I remember when he used to get under my ribs and kick. Sometimes it does send you jumping a bit. The worst was when I was in meetings with VP's and he would kick or move and you could see it from the outside of my shirt!!!
    have2travel

Answer by have2travel at 10:52 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My daughter was so long it felt like she was in my back and all I wanted to do was cry! My son sat right on top of my lungs and I felt like I couldn't breath I hope this one gives me some relief.=) GL
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 10:55 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Especially toward the end, yes, it's normal. And especially when they find your ribs or some other equally not fun part to have get kicked! I remember my lower ribs getting numb from the pressure of my uterus, and I swear, my son knew how to kick to make it hurt like hell. He also liked to rub his little face into my bladder. I could occasionally feel his nails scraping the inside of my uterus (when I saw how long they were when he was born, I understood why!).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:06 AM on Dec. 5, 2008