What do you do if you don't have the money for a lawyer during a custody battle?

What do you do if you don't have the money for a lawyer during a custody battle ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on May. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Sometimes they have free or reduced legal help for people who can't afford a lawyer. Search the net by entering your area and the words free legal help or legal help for low income families.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 3:16 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Try to find one willing to do it pro bono. If you can't, then I would read up and learn as much as I can and get everything straight before going to court.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 3:12 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Well, they have court appointed lawyers, but I do NOT suggest them, most work for themselves NOT you!! YUCK! I work for a company called PrePaid Legal. The company gives you free consultations, a 25% discount of legal fees (Save thousands$$!!!) and they accept payments!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 5:38 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Thanks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:38 AM on May. 2, 2011

• i found a place & applied to see if I'm able to get help for low income families. thanks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:48 PM on May. 2, 2011