I feel like i should already know this...

im 16 weeks today, and since ive gotten prego ive been getting headaches..not everyday, but more often than before..isnt it from the hormones?? i didnt think anything of it before my friend said i should tell my doctor and it kinda scared me, like should i tell them? could it possibly be a problem? i didnt have them with my first pregnancy, but then again this pregnancy is completly different from that one

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 3:07 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes, so your doctor can check you for signs of high blood pressure.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 3:13 AM on May. 2, 2011

• i thought high blood pressure is with too much weight gain? i havent gained any weight yet, just lost like 5-8 pounds..
    MaciesMommy09

Comment by MaciesMommy09 (original poster) at 3:24 AM on May. 2, 2011

• yes tell your dr. my daughter got headahes with her pegancy. it could be stress. every pregnancy is different
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 3:29 AM on May. 2, 2011

• No, it's not too much weight gain, I lost 30 lbs while I was pregnant... I was massively sick the whole time....so I was very thin and had high blood pressure. I ended up in the hospital for a couple of weeks because of the fetal risk involved with my blood pressure.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 3:38 AM on May. 2, 2011

• oh ok..thank you!
    MaciesMommy09

Comment by MaciesMommy09 (original poster) at 3:47 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I had a lot of headaches with my pregnancy. my doc just told me it was safe to take tylenol or the generic equivelent. she said it wouldnt hurt the baby and to take as much as I needed as long as it was following the directions. Ex: not taking like 6 at a time but 2 every 4 hours or so. my blood pressure throughout the pregnancy was great. never had a problem.
    alandou

Answer by alandou at 3:56 AM on May. 2, 2011

• and...I gained 50lbs with the pregnancy and the baby and myself were healthy and normal the entire time :)
    alandou

Answer by alandou at 3:57 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I had a little bit of headaches in the beginning of the pregnancy and doctor thought it might be a sign of high blood pressure. So whenever I got a headache I'd take my blood pressure at home and it was always normal. It could just be hormones, or it could be blood pressure issues. I'd let your o.b. know just to be on the safe side.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 8:08 AM on May. 2, 2011