Frequent bathroom visits and what to do? adult content

I keep running to the bathroom to pee, I have went like 6 times in less than 15 Minutes, I don't know what is normal in our pee when we are 34 weeks, but I had bright yellow pee early today and it didn't smell good and it has been like this for awhile, tonight it stopped smelling and went clear. I am still contracting, the medication the Dr. gave me hasn't stopped them like he wanted and I don't know if it is the baby, or a contraction, but I keep feeling movement in my lower stomach and around the pelvic. I also keep feeling a bunch of pressure and kind of a sharp cramp like pain in my lower left side in my stomach. I don't know what to do. The pressure is just getting worse.

mom2be_25

Asked by mom2be_25 at 4:11 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• call labor and delivery. that's what they are there for. its better to be safe than sorry. Im thinking the baby is shifting around and putting pressure on your bladder to make you feel the urge to go to the bathroom so often. also, has the baby dropped yet? meaning its head has dropped into the pelvis to be ready for delivery? I would call asap!
    alandou

Answer by alandou at 4:20 AM on May. 2, 2011

• To be honest, my OB said we wasn't doing anymore ultrasounds, I have no clue how to tell if the baby has dropped or not, when I went to the Dr. Last Monday I was dilated 1 and that is all I really know.
    mom2be_25

Comment by mom2be_25 (original poster) at 4:23 AM on May. 2, 2011

• thats the way I was. the day my water broke I could feel the pressure down in my pelvic area. during the day I felt flutters down there and they were a few minutes apart. no pain though. I just thought baby was moving around. come to find out, those were the beginning of my contractions!
    alandou

Answer by alandou at 4:28 AM on May. 2, 2011

• "our pee", I do not understand this.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 4:31 AM on May. 2, 2011

• My Husbands mother her pee was discolored and and a bad smell too. So I am assuming more women that are pregnant have this problem.
    mom2be_25

Comment by mom2be_25 (original poster) at 4:32 AM on May. 2, 2011

• ok i have a few questions. have you been drinking water throughout your pregnancy or did you drink more than usual later today? usually a darker color means you arent hydrated enough. another thing could be an infection or the prenatals &/or meds you are on can cause the foul color/smell. I would still call though considering the movements & pressure.
    alandou

Answer by alandou at 4:42 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Actually I haven't changed my drinking habits at all. The smell and color have been like that for over a month, tonight it just stopped. I had asked about it before, but they didn't say it was something to worry about. I think I have to go near the Dr. Tomorrow I may stop by.
    mom2be_25

Comment by mom2be_25 (original poster) at 4:48 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I think you should be checked for a UTI. They are fairly common in pregnancy. Call your doctor.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 7:30 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I know that my pee changed when I started my prenatal vitamins a few weeks ago. I was drinking a ton of water and it made no difference.... tiny label on my prescription bottle says meds will change color of urine.... my sis swears that pregnant pee smells worse than non pregnant pee. I would call the dr to see what they have to say to be on the safe side. Good luck
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 11:23 AM on May. 2, 2011