I feel Useless!

Why is it that no one will let me lift anything? I had a miscarrage before and Now I am 9 weeks prego and ppl treat me like I am made out of glass. I just want to feel like I can do more than make a bed and do dishes and laundry! Should I tell ppl to back off or should I just go with it?

Beccah2

Asked by Beccah2 at 10:53 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• JUST GO WITH IT. =) it's nice to have people do things for you and treat your like your made of glass just take advantage of itwhile you can =)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:56 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• tell them to back off ive never miscarried but people treat me like i cant do anything it makes me feel useless and bored and it doesnt make me happy if you let people keep treating like that it will be worse as you get futher along believe me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• it maybe nerve racking but they are worried about you and that little one. so try to take it easy and try to keep your temper lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:00 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I remember this from when I was preggo. I know how you feel but just try to keep in mind that they want to help you not hurt you. It's not that they don't think you CAN do those things it's that they want to help you do them so you don't HAVE to. Trust me when I say enjoy the extra help while you can. DS is four months and the help has just ceased and I miss it!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:06 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Nicely tell them to back off. You have a looooong time to go and them treating you like your fragile can work against you. Just dont lift anything heavy and dont push your limits, but continue along as normal. Once you make it past 12 weeks you're out of the high risk stage. You have your whole pregnancy to feel sick and sore and tired so when you need to rest, do it. But when you feel fine do what you can without pushing it. Its easy to get lazy. Just tell them you'll ask for help when you need it, give them things to do while you do things so they are helping but you are doing things also. You'll have one clean house!
    Good luck!
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 11:39 AM on Dec. 4, 2008