How can i get my 2yr old

my two yr old is doing every good at being potty trained during the day but at night she not doing it at all whats the best way to get her going on the potty and instead in her bed

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I kept my son in diapers at night until he was ready on his own. Its harder for them at night because they are so small & dont realize. My son was potty trained completely by 2 except at night was probably 6 months later. Trust me its more frustrating to deal with accidents in the middle of the night then with a diaper at night!
    Kagenj07

Answer by Kagenj07 at 4:25 AM on May. 2, 2011

• she in pullups at night now
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:28 AM on May. 2, 2011

• It can take a long time before they are dry at night. I know children who have been 6, 8, even 10 before being dry all night. It varies all over the place and is completely normal. It is a bladder maturity issue. Use the pullups as long as it takes and relax about it.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 8:01 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Sounds like you're doing a great job so far and dry nights just take time, so keep up the good work!
    PaCsSupermom

Answer by PaCsSupermom at 11:10 AM on May. 2, 2011

• time. just give her time. It can take a while for her (or any kid) to develop the muscle control to make it through the night. In fact I once read that 70% of children will have accidents at night till the age of 6!! Potty training isn't just about her understanding and making the effort, its about her body learning as well. Each child is different. I would stick with pullups (or diapers is what I did) till she starts having most nights dry. My daughter was about 3yrs and 5 mo old before we stopped putting her in diapers at night. She still has accidents, probably 2-3 a month. Each kid is different. Just keep up the positive reinforcement during the day, and don't sweat the night yet. I have started asking myself (is this an issue I will have to deal with 5 yrs from now?)... She will grow out of it, no need to fuss or worry.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:18 PM on May. 2, 2011

• thanks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:41 AM on May. 3, 2011