Can too much sun cause toddlee to throw up?

Me my dd nd her dad went to the pool today. She didnt get in the water much just sat on tje steps. She just threw up 3 times tonight. It was mostly liquidy. She had water all day like normal so I dont think she was dehydrated. I may stay home with her tomorrow but can sun exsposure cause that? We swam over 12 hours ago. Shes 2 thx!

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:16 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes they can get overheated and puke.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 4:23 AM on May. 2, 2011

• i dont know if to much sun can but it could of been the heat depening on how hot it was or maybe she drunk some of the water on accident but maybe she just got to hot and not used to the heat or being out in the heat so long
    myangelelena

Answer by myangelelena at 4:24 AM on May. 2, 2011

• yes
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 4:29 AM on May. 2, 2011

• We really werent out that long. She didnt evrn get her upper body wet. And it wasnt that hot for where we live. Like 85 ish with a breeze.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 4:34 AM on May. 2, 2011

• how long were you out there and was it in the worst heat of the day btw 10-2......85 is quite warm for a toddler, did she have a hat on etc? if she was in direct heat of a period of time it could make her sick.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:09 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Your joking right. 85 not hot? 12 hours in the sun I would be burnt to a crisp, red as a Lobster.
    She only 2. Yes that is why she is sick. Make her drink a lot of liquids.

Answer by louise2 at 6:41 AM on May. 2, 2011

• thats propably why. Little one cant take as much heat as we can, shes just little after all.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 7:26 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Uhm louise, I said it was over twelve hours ago that we were in the sun. We were out there about an hour. Sha4e and water of course. I would never take her out for 12 hours. And yes 85 is nice where we live. summer gets to 115 so 85 is amazing. Thats what we are used to here. Her as well. And she isnt burnt at all. Not even pink. She is mexican so she doesnt really burn besides I have her covered.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 11:57 AM on May. 2, 2011