Prenatal Vitamins

I hardly ever remember to take my prenatal vitamins. I actually feel really ashamed about it but between complete pregnancy brain where I can't remember anything and running after a 20 month old, I just can't remember. When I was pregnant with my son I don't think I ever forgot them. I'm just scared that me not taking them like I should is gonna affect the baby. So, does anyone know how not taking the vitamins is gonna affect my baby? She's growing normal and everything is fine but is it really that bad? I take them every time I remember, its just not often. Does anyone know a really good way to make myself remember to take them?

tiffanynichols

Asked by tiffanynichols at 5:26 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I DID NOT TAKE ANY AT ALL WITH MY FIRST SON EITER, BUT I AM NOW 20 WEEKS PREGNANT AND MAYBE TAKE THEM ONCE A WEEK IF I REMEMBER TO, IF YOUR EATING HEALTH AND GETTING THE VITAMINS IN OTHER WAYS EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE.
    mandiirae

Answer by mandiirae at 5:45 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Most likely, youll be fine. I forgot to take mine most of my pregnancy too. To remember to take your vitamins- put them in someplace you know youll look each day: in front of the coffee pot, next to your toothbrush, on top of your cell phone, tape a note to your mirror, set an alarm on your phone/watch.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 5:47 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Oh, and put a note right on top of your keyboard!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 5:48 AM on May. 2, 2011

• It could hurt your health because the baby is going to take nutrients any way it can. If your lacking something in your diet then its taking it from your system. You may start to feel more tired and run down. I couldn't take them with DD because they always made me sick.

As the PP said, put them somewhere you will see it everyday.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 5:54 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I have never taken them with any of my pregnancies and they have all been very healthy bundles of joy. I wouldn't worry too much.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:44 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I don't know how, but I always remember to take them.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 8:04 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Depends on your diet. If you are eating a well balanced diet, then it won't hurt you if you never take them, really. The only time I'm really obsessively concerned about taking my vitamins is when I am not eating well for whatever reason. During the first trimester when there might be a handful of foods that I can stomach, I make sure to take my vitamin daily since I know I'm not getting what I need from food. During the second trimester, when I know I'm eating a very well balanced diet and am making sure I am covering all my food bases, I don't worry about them and might take them a few times a week just for good measure. During the third trimester, when I get back into only being able to eat so much, I make sure I take them daily again.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 9:32 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I always remembered to take them with my first, but with this one im having trouble. Idk why its so hard to remember! LOL
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 5:56 PM on May. 2, 2011