Is there something wrong with me psychologically ?

First please be easy i may seem a lil crazy but don't be disrespectful i had taken alt of meds younger for depression . So yesterday my husband and i went out to eat and i went to see him play softball later his sister and his friend saw the baby by surprise because me and his mother are at war and i feel like his immediate family can give two shits about me being his mom like i feel used to the point that i just had his baby and thats all i was good for ? like i don't matter me being his mother is nothing to them? is there something wrong with me or am i just selfish?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 AM on May. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• If you are feeling blue, then maybe you have post-partem (sp?) and should talk to your Dr. As to the inlaw issue, talk to your husb about how you feel & see if he can't be the one to help fix things w/ his family. A new addition should be a joyous time, not clouded by undue stress. Hope it all works out for you! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:15 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I can't really follow this.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:15 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Of course you matter. This is something you need to stick up for yourself for. You ARE his mother, don't let them walk all over you
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 7:16 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I feel that way when I'm feeling more depressed. I'd consider talking to someone, or at the very least going online and looking for a depression test so you can see if there are other symptoms. PPD is a little different than regular depression, but if you think you may have the issue again, honestly you probably do. Take care.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 7:27 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Women who have a history of depression (like both of us) are more likely to suffer with it after having a baby. Also, the new baby is always the focus. It causes issues with the baby's older siblings being jealous. It also takes the focus off the mom - who was the focus when she was pregnant. Changing hormones after giving birth can make little things feel worse. Talk with your doctor. You might be needing medication for depression again.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 7:28 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Can't really diagnose you based upon the story given ... however ... Seems like there is ALOT more to the story. How did his sister act towards you and the baby? Is the issue of your treatment with the entire family or just the mother? How does your husband react to your treatment. Personally, I would discuss it with him and then proceed to explain to the family that you desire to be treated with respect accorded you as the wife of their family member and mother of his child. And then you must act accordingly. If you want to be respected you must act as if you believe you deserve it.
    MarcellaFL

Answer by MarcellaFL at 7:51 AM on May. 2, 2011

• i don't get what you are asking.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:52 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I don't think you're crazy its natural to feel upset if you feel you are being disregarded when it comes to your own child and you have a right to feel the way you feel I mean who wouldn't, I felt the same way when my son was born and had to avoid his side of the family because they were too pushy and acted like my son was theirs and not mine it really is annoying and makes you angry
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 9:14 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Your whole question rambles, not sure what you are asking.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 9:29 AM on May. 2, 2011