Would you upset? After our 3 year old's birthday party yesterday, my husband...

Dropped off the gifts at our house and then went out with his friends to play softball. We went to he party in two cars because we had a lot of stuff. He wasn't there to see our daughter open her gifts. He also didn't
call her to say goodnight to her. Her bedtime is at 7.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• I might be a little upset, but it wouldnt ruin my day.

Answer by gemgem at 8:21 AM on May. 2, 2011

• is this a regular scheduled game?? I would have done the same thing if it was my team!! I can't call home while I'm playing either. If it was a spontaneous thing then I'd be upset, but if this is a weekly event I'd would have told him to go!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:26 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I wouldnt be upset, My husband has missed most of our kids parties from either being gone cause of his current job or the military. He cant deal with alot of kids, I would prefer him to be gone cause he bitches the entire time lol
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:26 AM on May. 2, 2011

• No crafty it's not a formal game at all.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:29 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Birthdays are not a big deal here in our house. So him going to do his own thing with his friends would not have been a big deal. The not calling the daughter for a goodnight talk would not have been a big deal either. Maybe you should TALK to your DH about how you feel.

Answer by louise2 at 8:45 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I would be pissed especially since it wasn't a scheduled game. He should have been there.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 8:59 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I'd be pretty aggravated.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:03 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I can't imagine! Birthdays are celebrating the birth of your child and that SHOULD be important. Even if it wasn't to him it certainly IS important to your child! Kids love birthdays and i can't even imagine my SO not caring? Odd to me.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:46 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I would be because birthdays are a pretty big deal for us. Maybe, maybe, I could see it if it was a scheduled game but I don't know even then. And definitely not if it was just an informal game. To me kids birthdays, especially the very early ones, are far more important than a game with buddies. I'd be talking to him about it.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:38 AM on May. 2, 2011

• No, not for a three year old! She doesn't care!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:50 PM on May. 2, 2011