What if I am done bfing?

So I have breastfeed my baby till 13months and my pedi said she will wean herself when she is ready but I am beginning to think I am done but it makes me feel awful to even think this yet alone say it to my dr! What do u ladies think should I continue till my baby is ready and weans herself or is it okay if I start cutting her feeding back myself?

sunshinemama86

Asked by sunshinemama86 at 8:25 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's perfectly fine! I am proud of you for BF so long! Now is the prfect time to introduce cows milk in a sippy and maybe limit BF to morning nap and bedtime. Take it slowly
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 8:31 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I plan on the whole letting the kid wean. I prefer they go past 2 and believe in letting them stop, HOWEVER...that doesn't mean you have to. You did at least get to 12 months+. So, that's great.

Drop the least needed feeding..one at a time until done, while giving sippy's of water or pumped milk or whatever...do it slowly as to not become painfully engorged.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:34 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I agree with Nicoles2LilRams. You've done an incredibly good job bfing for as long as you have. It is a perfect time to stop if you are ready to.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 8:50 AM on May. 2, 2011

• You're doing a great job!!!

Everyone stops for different reasons and it's really up to you because there's no right or wrong way or time to stop!
    PaCsSupermom

Answer by PaCsSupermom at 11:17 AM on May. 2, 2011