"At MY direction" -- C'mon! Really?

Grrrrr..... yes, sometimes you don't like the words that are chosen and this might just be a grammatical vent, but Obama seemed to emphasize "I", "ME", "MY" quite often in his announcement. Then referred to the troops that went in and got Osama as "small group".

At least give me some more adjectives for our troops. "A small, but mighty and very brave group"... "A team of elite American Soldiers".... "OUR AMERICAN Soldiers, whom we are very proud of and thankful to and for".... and to quote a dad of a 9/11 hero "people with unbelievable capability and courage"

C'mon, stop with the "I, ME, MY" and give us what it really is.... "American Soldiers". These terrorists didn't use cellphones, emails and text messages to plot, plan and carry out their deeds of terror. There was no "satellite monitoring" of his ham-radio messages - it was human intelligence on the ground, human ears who heard, human eyes that saw and somewhere a single soldier told his superior what he saw and heard. That's how this information came to light and became known. It began on the ground and ended on the ground. We have spent millions and millions (or more), we've lost life after life, we have young men and women who forever will be dead or disabled viscously because of this war on Bin Laden - can't we just remember that and give full credit where it is due - our soldiers.

I don't care if we credit 'this administration' with catching and killing him, but let's not get sooo caught up in giving so much credit to the White House that we forget our Soldiers in Tents. This is a victory of youth, a victory of our sons and daughters who joined up and volunteered to stand on the front lines. A victory of all ages who re-enlisted, the young, middle-aged and old military leaders. This victory belongs to the American people and to the victim's families of 9/11. It belongs to the memory and honor of those lost in the planes and the Towers. Let's not forget or diminish THE WHOLE contribution and the boots worn by each soldier or those shoes that sit silent in a widow's and widower's closet - walk in their shoes and credit THEIR GREAT commitment first.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• He is a Narcissist what do you expect?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on May. 2, 2011

• He did What BUSH wouldnt.

Soldiers could have had him in Tora Bora,..Bush told them to RETREAT let someone else take care of it...and Osama slipped into Pakistan...

Obama made it his priority, as opposed to Bush saying he didnt care where Bin Laden was and he wasnt a priority...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:32 AM on May. 2, 2011

• clappingbow down

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on May. 2, 2011

• And you for this for a fact Bush wouldnt? Maybe the intel was wrong ever think of that or do you work for the CIA sweets? Seems to me the most beligerant today are the Obama supporters.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Sweet you can't get through an hour of a day without lying.
    Sure he probably did said it. He was just carrying on what the Bush administrations had been doing for all those years. He knew he would not make it through one day of his Presidency if he didn't permit everything and anything to get that despicable man. That is one of the most important things to Americans even though it had become less relevant in the years past as part of our foreign policy. It was always going to be important to see that man dead for what he did.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:38 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Sure he probably did said it. He was just carrying on what the Bush administrations had been doing for all those years.

I provided the quotes from Bush..I will again;...You lie....not me

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:40 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Sweets you need to seek help. I get you are one of the less then 25% who fully support Obama, but seriously.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Well, whether you like it or not, he IS commander-in-chief and he DID give the order for the attack.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 8:45 AM on May. 2, 2011

• "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
    - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
    - G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
    3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:50 AM on May. 2, 2011

• And you for this for a fact Bush wouldnt?

We know he DIDNT and said he didnt care where he was and finding him was NOT a priority....as well as the incident in Tora Bora

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:51 AM on May. 2, 2011