So our daughter's birthday cake was $60 and they gave us the wrong flavor.

What should I say to the bakery? We get it there every year.

MLM0503

Asked by MLM0503 at 8:35 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Just tell them? Plain and simple.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:36 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Do you have any left over? Id take a piece back and show them. They will probably refund you or give back some of the money at least.

Answer by gemgem at 8:36 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Let them know. It's their mistake, not yours. If they try to give you any trouble then talk to a manager. The same thing happened with my baby shower cake and they gave me a completely new cake to fix their mistake.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 8:40 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Yep, I'd take a piece back and mention it, ask for a refund if they can, if not, maybe a certificate for a free or reduced price cake next time you need one.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 8:41 AM on May. 2, 2011

• They need to be told. It's not like you could have known yourself when you picked it up because of the icing. Taking a piece back to show them is a great idea if you have it. Hope it didn't put a damper on the day.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:47 AM on May. 2, 2011

• if you ate like the whole or almost the whole cake take a slice and see if they will do a partial refund or something.
    angelachristine

Answer by angelachristine at 8:48 AM on May. 2, 2011

• sorry but 60$ they would be fixing it right then! i know people make mistakes but they should give you a discount er somthin
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 8:51 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I would take back a slice of cake and say you asked for chocolate and they gave you whatever,,,I bet they will give you a credit towards something else, I mean you couldn't really not serve it when you discovered it,,,,I bet they will make it right!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:41 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I would have or went back the minute i saw that. $60.00... makes we want to go back into business for myself. what kind of cake was it? Hopefully a big one. I felt bad charging 30-40 for mine and they took me hours..lol You make sure they know they did wrong!!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:42 AM on May. 2, 2011

• FIrst, I wouldn't pay $60 for a birthday cake for anyone. That's ridiculous. But, I would have called the bakery as soon as I saw that the cake was not what I ordered. I would have asked for a refund or a certificate for a free cake. What would have happened if your child or someone else was allergic to the flavor they sent? They definatley need to be told.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:46 AM on May. 2, 2011