No it is not over

I know some of you don't understand what we are doing "over there". And you want our people to come home. I do too. However, we do have a job over there. Unless you have been there and seen the job then you just don't know. Besides...if we weren't there fighting...they would bring the fight here. Then OUR innocent civilians would be getting killed. A select few American's volunteered to lay down their life in defense of their country. Be proud of them. Because we are proud of what we do. This war is not over.

It is a cause for celebration. Give us our few minutes to celebrate for then we go back to work.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 8:54 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• clapping

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on May. 2, 2011

• The job isn't over until everyone comes home.. and we have clean up and another leader who WILL step up to take his place.. our military members can't just leave cold turkey...
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:56 AM on May. 2, 2011

• It's totally not over and the threat is greater now, not less.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:57 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I realize this...but I have already heard/read people saying that we can now bring our military members home from a place they shouldn't be in the first place. I choose to serve because I believe in protecting my country. I know what we are doing over there. It is more than the media will ever tell you.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 8:59 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I agree, it's NOT over... our men and women in the Military do their job with pride as we
    are proud of what they do for us.
    Bin Laden was the one who attacked us on our turf, true, BUT he is NOT the only one out there
    committing these horrible crimes against humanity so we will always be somewhere over seas
    until all of these ppl are at the bottom of the deep blue along with him...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:01 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Thanks for this post, Steph.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:02 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Kate- I assume you are talking to me... You are welcome... but my name is not Steph ;)
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 9:03 AM on May. 2, 2011

• You are right about that sister. Wish you weren't tho. I can imagine that as we Americans were enraged at their celebration as they watched the towers fall, they are now feeling similar rage as they watch us celebrate the fall of the evil one. And there are other lunatics waiting in the wings to take his place. Our troops are awesome for what they do! I will continue to pray for their safety & success!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:27 AM on May. 2, 2011

• patriotic                                 you rock

Thank you OP!  Beautifully said!!

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:57 AM on May. 2, 2011