OMG! What to use and what to do? (lice)

This morning I was fixing my ds hair while finishing up I notice a bug on the back of his neck I grab it and it was one of those mama bugs not the egg that sticks to the hair strand...ugh! Where to begin...:/
My dd has long hair and they share rooms for now until we fix their OWN rooms up. HELP!!!
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• It's not a big deal. Go buy RID at the drug store. Treat them both according to the directions. Buy the spray, spray their stuff, and clean up real good.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:58 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I agree-- just go buy the drug store stuff, RID or Nix or whatever. It might be worth it to pick up one of the metal combs while you are there, since the ones that come in the kit aren't all that useful.
    TooManyOwls

Answer by TooManyOwls at 9:23 AM on May. 2, 2011

• You will be sitting in the bathroom a LONG time going through each section of hair little by little, and combing from the scalp down. You also should let the school know, they usually send home a letter saying someone has it to be cautious and check your kids. Make sure you do it very well or you will be doing it all over again!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:39 AM on May. 2, 2011

• A suggestion for your daughters long hair is to get a ton of hair bands to put the sections you have done and still need to do. Also what worked for my daughter was I did her hair for a couple hours while she watched a movie and then let her play for a little bit. I did this so she wouldn't get antsy.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 12:23 AM on May. 4, 2011

• After all of that, buy some tea tree oil and add some drops to their shampoo. Also, don't wash their hair everyday and buy some mousse for kids and use it daily. Lice HATE styling products and tea tree oil. Good Luck!
    daina82

Answer by daina82 at 11:07 PM on May. 6, 2011