What percentage

What percentage of people who claim to be interested in politics do you think actually pay attention to politics, vs what percent are just rooting for a team and don't actually pay attention to what they're doing?

(I'm sure we'll see several examples of the latter here soon)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:56 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I just started getting my toes wet two years ago in politics. I have a lot to learn. I am not "taking sides".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on May. 2, 2011

• That depends on whose idea of "interested" you are using
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:10 AM on May. 2, 2011

I'd say anyone who participates in discussing it, here or elsewhere, as opposed to those who ignore it completely and don't make any pretense about it (like all the people who were looking for their stimulus checks)
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 9:12 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I know one thing for sure. I am scared at the amount who have no clue how the way they live freely is possible. CM has opened my eyes more than ever to how politically ignorant our population is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Not many seem as interested in actual politics as I think some of them just want to be rooting for the winning team. After seeing footage of people 'celebrating' outside the WH last night, it would appear to outsiders that all we are is a bunch of drunk college students looking for a redo of spring break 2011.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:18 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Probably about half. I think some are just interested when the subject comes up.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:20 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Politics is complicated, so even if people are interested they often feel intimidated and confused. I'm interested in some parts, and not interested in other parts. I don't feel I really have a team to root for. Those that do blindly support their team scare me.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 9:39 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Those that do blindly support their team scare me

THIS^

Like those who comment, "I will not vote for someone from the ____________________________ party." Do us all a favor and get educated: learn about the candidates. One party does not have all the correct answers and solutions to every issue- if you think they do, you might be brainwashed-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:55 AM on May. 2, 2011