Teeth clenching .... adult content

Almost every night Ive been clenching my teeth and when I wake up my whole face hurts.
For a little while now Ive been finding out that when I was little I was sexually abused by my dad and mom and have been having flash backs about different situations right before I get to sleep. Im sorry to share this but I need to know if maybe my teeth clenching is from finding that out along with having the flash backs or is it a normal pregnancy thing ?

mommyof0210

Asked by mommyof0210 at 9:02 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Health

• Most likely it is from that. Sounds like you need to seek professional therapy to help you address these issues, then the teeth clenching will stop.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:03 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Counseling might be very helpful. Get a mouth guard to wear at night and save your teeth and help with the pain in the meantime. hug
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 9:15 AM on May. 2, 2011

• def. stress. When i was put on an anti depressant it helped with that big time.
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 9:31 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I know stress makes me grind my teeth BIG TIME, and sometimes during the day I find my jaws clamped so hard it's unreal. I'm also on meds for depression, and since I started taking medicine for depression, I've found I do this. Before, I didn't clench my teeth at all.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:00 AM on May. 2, 2011