How can you tell

How can you tell how far apart your periods are? I am trying to figure out when i ovulate so I don't have unprotected sex with my boyfriend and we have an accident happen.

AddisonsMommy12

Asked by AddisonsMommy12 at 9:11 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Health

• track it for a few months. put an x on the calendar on the day you start and count to the next. just an fyi, it can happen at any time.. best wrap it always to be safe
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Do not ever have unprotected sex, if you are not trying to conceive. That is asking for an accident.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:13 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Okay, I know its asking for an accident, but I was asking because I don't need another kiddo, and I''d rather be safe then sorry and know when I'm more likely to get pregnant. I am a grown woman, I don't need other grown women telling me not to have unprotected sex, or treating me like a 16 year old little girl.
    AddisonsMommy12

Comment by AddisonsMommy12 (original poster) at 9:17 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Use your calendar and record the date you start your period. You do the same thing for the next month. Tally up the days in between. Note: counting up the days and figuring out when it is safe to have sex isn't always a safe bet. Some women ovulate at a different time of the month than most. For instance, I have a friend that can only conceive when she is having her period. There are ovulation kits that you can use to help you.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:20 AM on May. 2, 2011

• You typically ovulate 14-17 days after day 1 of your last period. Use a calendar to keep track of that and/or chart your temperature to know when you are ovulating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on May. 2, 2011