My MIL drives me crazy! .... HELP ME

So Im going to make this short. My mother in law was talking to me about after you give birth; what some women go through. She said some women go into a deep depression and kill their baby's. Then she looked at me and said, "So we're going to be watching you"
OMGosh!!! Would that NOT piss you off? This is the reason (among many others) why I dont want her at my baby shower. Is it bad for me to not invite her to my baby shower? She might throw me one actually, but Im having two now. One without her. I dont even want to go to the one shes throwing but my husband will be upset if I dont go.

Danielle875

Asked by Danielle875 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• omg that is so wrong of her to say that to you and no i would not invite her and no i would not go to the shower she is throwing for me until she apologized your husband mught be upset but he isnt the one being insulted anf if anything he should talk to his mother about how she speaks to you cause thats just very disrespectful
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• screw her. my MIL has treated me like that since we found out i was preg (my dd is 5 mos now) always watching me and questioning what i do. i would take a stand now or else it will never change
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 11:23 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• That is a horrible thing for her to say! THere are certian things that people should never say to people in certain situations but for somereason they ALWAYS do: Don't start talking about divorce to a newly engaged or married couple, don't talk about miscarriage to a newly pregnant woman, and don't talk about PP psychosis to a new mom! That being said, while she was crass and rude to say such a thing, you can't exclude her from the shower. That is rude and terrible also. You CAN tell her not to say such inconsiderate things to you though.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:26 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• tell me about it... and then they wonder "why doesnt she like me?? " my MIL always plays the "i dont know what shes talking about" crap on my husband. and who does he beleive?? her.
    i dont think i can be a heartless bitch to my future son or daughter in law unless they ask for it. but i wont be just because like she is.
    i hate it when my MIL wonders why i dont like her. like c mon, can you be that freaken dumb?!?!
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 11:37 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My MIL always makes unnessacary comments like that.....I have almost bit the tip of my tongue off trying not to snap on that woman. That comment sounds exactly like something she would say to me, but what can you do....they are gona be part pf our lives no matter what. Mine has even went as far as to say she hopes i go ahead and get my little problem fixed while i'm already in the hospital having the baby (meaning get my tubes tied) so that we don't have any more "accidents"! how rude and uncalled for is that?! Esp considering my preganancy was planned and I'm only 19! Luckily her son went off on her for that one bc we may want more kids in the future.

Basically MILs SUCK lol
    Anonymous

• Being your sister, and HIGHLY protective of you, this pisses me off more than anything else that evil bitch could have said OR did! She had NO right saying something that horrible, because it's a true problem and does occur! I do NOT think she should be invited to your baby shower! I would NEVER talk to her again until she gets on her hands and knees and apologizes. I couldn't imagine DH's parents saying something so vindictive and cruel to me! I am Bi-Polar too and there's a high chance I could have bad post partum depression, but that's what I see a Psychiatrist and therapist for. And I will immediately go back on ALL meds after my DD is here! I am SO sorry you had to hear something so asinine from a crazy woman when you're prego and don't deserve that emotional shit!!!
    GOD BLESS
    I love you!!!
    AshleyKay1983

Answer by AshleyKay1983 at 7:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2008