I just want to know if you think

they should have buried Osama at sea (within 24 hrs of death)according to tradition? Does anyone need proof he is dead and is he now the martyr he wanted to be?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 9:15 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I hope that they videoed or photoed it so that it eventually be shared with the ones necessary.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:18 AM on May. 2, 2011

• But the lingering question is why at sea? The official said that finding a country willing to accept the remains of the world's most wanted terrorist would have been difficult, so the decision was made to bury bin Laden at sea. Furthermore, one suspects that the U.S. would not have wanted there to be a physical grave site for fear of it turning into a place of worship for bin Laden's followers. There are rumors, however, that the U.S. asked Saudi Arabia to take the body (bin Laden was born in Saudi) but they allegedly refused.

It's also believed that DNA testing would have been carried out beforehand to verify that the body was that of bin Laden, as well as being proof against any conspiracy claims that could emanate to suggest that his death didn't take place. The exact location of the burial was not revealed. (via ABC)

Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 9:18 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I think it's great for the conspiracy theorists. I can just see all the tin foil hats being slapped on, lol.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 9:19 AM on May. 2, 2011

• what kind of proof would be available? having my hand on his chest, waiting for his lungs to rise and fall? martyr schmartyr..makes no difference to me what he would think of himself.
    i'm more curious of Pakistan..their role in it. do/can we completely trust that they worked with us? or did they know his whereabouts regardless? some 'in power' are known to play both sides. retalitation is a threat..my motto--trust no one, especially now.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:19 AM on May. 2, 2011

• DNA tests already verified it was him

Buried on land would have been a pseudo holy site for fanatical murderous people

I honestly don't care how he was buried...

Im sure "The Donald" will ask for the long form death certificate....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:20 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Hopefully they have pictures of his corpse for "proof" for any who have doubt. I can't help but think he was buried in a sea of saliva as each soilder spit on him before he was tossed overboard to feed the fish! And as I said in a previous post- I hope the virgins he thinks he's getting are all large, hairy males! -LOL (again, not a slam on the religion, just a joke at the evil one's expense!) Great job to our troops!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:20 AM on May. 2, 2011

• If they hadn't buried him in 24 hours, it would've been just begging people to join up the cause, and used as more evidence that it's a war on Islam and not a war on terrorists. As for at sea, when nobody would take him, they didn't have a lot of options. There's only so far they could transport him within 24 hrs and still have time to bury him somewhere, too.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:22 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I think he finally died of kidney failure and Obama is taking credit for it. Or~ No body, No proof. that's how the U.S. Court system works in murder cases, and Obama wanted terrorists tried in court. So, why the change in policy.
    No body, No proof just more appeasement to Muslims by following Muslim burial laws and an extreme statement by Obama to say this was not a war on Islam.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I think he finally died of kidney failure and Obama is taking credit for it

So you are calling our SOLDIERS liars? Thank a NAVY SEAL...they got him...Thank someone in the INTEL community, they got him, THANK a MARINE...you get the pic...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:24 AM on May. 2, 2011

• No body, No proof just more appeasement to Muslims by following Muslim burial laws and an extreme statement by Obama to say this was not a war on Islam.

Bush made the SAME statement

sweet-a-kins