Do you clean out your vehicle before you drive around any guests/friends/family?

She had planned to go garage saling with us in her car and she had her 3 year old son with, he was sitting in his carseat and my husband sat in front. When i went to open the back door, she had a huge comforter in the back and some jackets and clothes all piled up on the seat, i didnt take the time to move it in the way back so i had to sit ontop of it all to where my head was almost touching the roof and i couldnt put my seatbelt on. Luckily my son had room to buckle up in her daughter's carseat.

Yes, her house is like this too.

disgusting.

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 9:17 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Since several new posts have been posted (my phone rang) I just want to point out that by not saying anything to her you are tolerating her behavior and not giving her the feedback she needs to improve.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 9:37 AM on May. 2, 2011

• If I have a warning, I do.

But I admit happily that I have a mobile house in my car, since my kids are 2, 4 and 6 and often need rain jackets, warm clothes, extra clothes (for accidents), toys and snacks in the car. I can't imagine why any parents wouldn't have all that stuff in their car.

I see nothing disgusting about a pile of clean clothes and blanket. I see a good parent who is prepared for a cold morning. Now my car does get disgusting. I am constantly cleaning it and they are constantly messing it up. House, too. But it really doesn't bother me, I have more important things to worry about, like them learning to ride bikes and behave morally. At least I try. Shrug.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 9:22 AM on May. 2, 2011

• you could have put this on your lap or move it. With your attitude, she should get different garage sale friends.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:20 AM on May. 2, 2011

• So, you were too lazy to move the (clean) items that she keeps in her car in case her family needs them yet she is the one with the problem? I don't think so. We have several blankets, a pillow and light jackets in our car. Guess what? We used all of them while we were out this weekend, first the jackets because it was windier than expected and therefor cool out and the pillow and a blanket because our daughter got tired and napped on our way home.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 9:27 AM on May. 2, 2011

• No. I just say, "My car is disgusting...you have been warned. Please don't judge me." lol That's all. I mean, I try and clean it, but for the most part I don't care enough. There's usually some clothes and cracker crumbs everywhere. lol
    ImPhoenix

Answer by ImPhoenix at 9:27 AM on May. 2, 2011

• But I do move stuff and try to throw away the obvious trash.
    tootoobusy

• Family YES. My circle of friends no, their cars aren't much better with kids lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:25 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I don't let my car get that bad to where someone can't be in it and not be safe. Yes, there are food bags or bottles of dead soda sometimes but i do clean it out before company or family sees it
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:21 AM on May. 2, 2011

• You'd be sitting on a pile of old french fries and water bottles in my car. Yeehaw!
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 9:23 AM on May. 2, 2011

• i'm not saying that you CANT or SHOULDNT have that stuff in your car, you do whats best for your family BUT i'm asking if you knew that you were going to pick somebody up or knew you were going to drive somebody around, wouldnt you clean it just for that time?
    americansugar80

Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 9:26 AM on May. 2, 2011