If your DH works long hours?

And you are sahm are you supposed to cleanup after him or do you think your DH should at least pick up after himself?My kids clean up after themselves better than my hubby.

sarah389

Asked by sarah389 at 9:23 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I wish he would pick up after himself, but haven't been able to train him in 37 years.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 5:01 PM on May. 4, 2011

• He have to pick up after his self. I make sure he has a hot meal and the house is clean when he is home, but I refuse to pick up after him when all he have to do is throw his dirty clothes in a hamper.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 9:25 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I think he should be able to at least make sure his clothes end up in the hamper and that they get put away if they are folded and waiting.. put his plate in the sink, rinse the sink out after shaving.. small stuff.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:24 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Mine sure doesn't. Empty glasses on the coffee table, socks and pants and underwear ALL over the house...like a trail from the front door to the bathroom, and he's only recently been rinsing out the sink after shaving. After I cleaned the bathroom for our sons' bday party and saw what a mess it was AFTER guests arrived. Oh yeah he got bitched at BIG time for that one
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 9:28 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Mine doesn't even know the beginning of cleaning after himself. I told him yesterday that he is like a walking disaster. Even if he is trying to do something nice as he was yesterday he was marinading some meat. Everything he touched in the kitchen was left out. Then wherever he sits there is always a drink left behind. His clothes are left exactly where he took them off. I get frustrated but he makes all the money and I kind of look at it as my job and it doesn't take that long. He is as bad as my three kids though.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:42 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Yes, he should pick up after himself. Mine is getting better, but there is always room for improvement! I am constantly picking up dirty clothes, dirty dishes(that need to go in dishwasher), papers, whatever. If I don't pick it up, I think it would stay where he put it forever! When he is out of town, the house stays spotless, even with two kids and only me to do the cleaning.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 10:11 AM on May. 2, 2011

• yes he should pick up after himself but sometimes he seems to "forget"
    Mommy31107

Answer by Mommy31107 at 10:15 AM on May. 2, 2011

• DH will do some things (laundry, trash) but not others (dishes--not even put them in the dishwasher, baby clothes, etc) Funny how men will pick and choose what they like/will do. We have to do the rest regardless!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:21 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I expect him to show basic courtesy and clean up what he did. He also does floors and any household repairs. Other than that I do most of it.

Every once in a blue moon he'll do dishes. But he does cook about 2 times a week.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:57 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My DH is pretty good about picking up after himself, although yes, he could improve in that area, but it's not so much that I'm going to make a fuss about it. .
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:04 PM on May. 2, 2011