My LO was at a friend's house yesterday and they gave her a Easter basket, sundress and a great sleeping bag.

The problem is she asked for more and was not as appreciative as I think she should have been. We tried to address it at the time without causing a major upset. Afterwards, we talked to her and role played how to accept and show appreciation to others.
Is there any other ideas that people can help me with. I thought about getting her cousin to role play. My LO is 4 and her cousin is 6.
HELP!
It is so important that children learn to be gracious and appreciative.
Maybe someone knows of a book that would illustrate this.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 9:26 AM on May. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think at age 4 it is hard to understand not wanting more, I think you did the right thing by explaining it to her, but she is too young to grasp the "concept" of gifts, she will get it in time!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:29 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I agree with kimigogo. You talked with her and explained how you think she act when accepting a gift. You role played with her and helped her understand what you want. She is young and she will learn as she gets older. Let her be for now and see how she does next time.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:35 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I agree with kimigogo. It is patience and persistence that will help your daughter learn what you are trying to teach her.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:36 AM on May. 2, 2011