Do you clean your house before guest comes over for a short visit?

bmwlover

Asked by bmwlover at 9:26 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Not clean but try to unclutter, if I know they are coming.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:28 AM on May. 2, 2011

• depends on the guest and how long they are staying. If I am having a party or get together I usually clean. If friends are stopping by I try to pick up, alhtough I don't all out clean. Right now my house is a construction zone becuase we are taking walls down and redoing the kitchen so I don't clean. Everyone knows it is a mess right now.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:33 AM on May. 2, 2011

• If I have a warning.

I'm afraid the amount I clean demonstrates the respect I have for the visitors. I don't clean as much for my husband's friends who always make me cry as I do for people I adore. Of course, they will never know because other factors like how many kids are sick at the time also come into play.

Any time anybody is coming over or the kids are even playing with friends outside, I try to clean the guest bathroom (the most-cleaned place in the house by far) and as much as I can downstairs. Thta doesn't say a lot. If someone is sick, my husband is doing a construction project inside, or things are just bad, things are not the way I'd want them. But I try.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 9:36 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I clean bathrooms, kitchen, and wash floors every morning but go farther if I know someone is coming over. Usually top to bottom. Just my OCD personality. It can take a few hours and is sometime more stressful than it is worth. I do not do well with people just stopping in because the whole time I am paranoid about my house and apologize, usually I get that it is way cleaner than their house. It doesn't make me feel better though.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:38 AM on May. 2, 2011

• My house is usually clean, but the kids do scatter their toys around and i pick them up if they are in the livingroom.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:43 AM on May. 2, 2011

• My house is almost always clean, so no, I don't. It's drop in ready at any time. If I have advanced warning I'll make sure there's no clutter, but even that takes 5 minutes or less. Just don't let them go upstairs :) The kids like to play in the hallway there so the chances of it being cluttered up there is pretty big.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:54 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I try to
    bcraine

Answer by bcraine at 11:37 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I pick up, but don't do anything too heavy duty.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:34 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Try to
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:14 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I pick up and tidy and make sure things are neat looking, but I don't do an all out cleaning usually.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:51 AM on May. 3, 2011