"undialating"???

i was in the hospital last weekend having contractions that where about 2 min. apart. they checked my cervix and told me that i was 1 cm. dialated. they gave me some meds to stop the contractions and it worked. before i left they checked me again and they said i was a two cm. now i went back to the hospital last night and when the nurse checked me she said i was closed. me question is is it possible to "undialate"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• When they check how far you are dilated it is not a science and is very subjective. They are just going by how it feels to them. Different people are likely to give you different answers. I have never heard of the cervix closing after having opened up, but If it did I would bet that it was never really as far dilated before and isn't as far closed now, but somewhere in the middle.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:22 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Yes it's possible. I had some issues during my second pregnancy at 4 months, basically over-working and not taking care of myself as I should have and dilated to 2cm although I wasn't having contractions or any other complications other than a little spotting. I slowed down, started resting more and wearing a maternity belt and my cervix closed back on it's own and remained so until the end of the pregnancy.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:40 AM on Dec. 4, 2008