How do you do your dd's makeup if they are in ballet? Mine is 6 years old

she has a recital coming up in June and I have no idea on how to do her hair and makeup. This is her first year so I am lost. I asked one of the moms she said something about buying dance hair with the curles. And about using foundation that is 1-2 shades darker than her use a little blush to give her cheeks some color, to use eye shadow, and mascara (which I thought at 6 that was to young to use) and lipstick the kind when you lick your lips it doesn't come off, but I am still lost as to what to do lol I can't do hair and makeup for anything

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on May. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Usually they have a set hair style or acceptable hairstyles... AS for make up I would do some heavy blush so the spot lights don't totally wash her our and some colored lip gloss. I personally would not do foundation or eye make up. Just stick with what you are comfortable with. Don't let what other moms are doing get in the way of what you feel. You can always compromise.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on May. 2, 2011

• OK, this would be why my DD is NOT doing dance. If it's all about how you look, and not about what you know or do then it is not the massage I want my girl to get! Makeup on a 6 yr old, just to much!! Good luck!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:40 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I was told that if they aren't done just write that the instructor will call them out whatever that means?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:42 AM on May. 2, 2011

• DD is 5yo and on the 14th of this month will be her 4th recital. Those hair pieces are, IMO, ridiculous. They are not only too HUGE, they have a horrible habit of falling off during routines and then your kid looks weird because they suddenly went from a headful of hair to nothing.

Here's what we do:

HAIR: Put dry hair up in a high ponytail. Take small amounts of hair, wet with a few pumps of "PUMP IT UP GOLD SUPER HOLD SPRAY" (you can buy in a salon for a couple of dollars), and wrap hair up with small spongy rollers using end wraps. Use a blow dryer on HOT every few minutes on it to get it to set and dry that way. Leave it up for a couple of hours (the longer you leave it up, the curlier it will be). Slowly and carefully take the rollers out and you should end up with hair as curly as those hair pieces.

MAKE-UP: I only ever do just a little bit of blue eye shadow, some blush, and lipstick.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:02 AM on May. 2, 2011