has anyone else heard of this?

So i was watching the news last night and i saw that in Indiana, Planned PArenthood is selling gift certificates!!!!! They are redeemable for all services INCLUDING ABORTION!!!!!!!! what the hell. Im sorry i know everyone has their own opinions but i think thats the sickest, most immoral thing i have ever heard. what are your opinions, feel free to answer anon.

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 11:12 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• that is absolutely disgusting. thats my opinion..
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:16 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I was JUST reading this. How bizarre you posted.
    http://www.abcnews.go.com/WN/story?id=6384543&page=1

Ya know, I am torn on this one. I think it would be a great way to show you care to offer healthcare services to someone who otherwise wouldn't get a checkup, etc... But the idea of a Christmas gift potentially having any inkly or ioda of a chance of being used to have an abortion, concerns me. My opinion.
    Also, I think it needs to be looked at for what is truly is... This is a Marketing Campaign to generate revenue.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i agree that if you dont have insurance and someone is tryin to help you out then ok. but the CEO said last night on the enws the abortion would be surrprising for someone to use it on and thats not what its for blah blah but if thats the case make it so you cant use them for abortion! ya know.
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 11:27 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I think it's a great idea for everything EXCEPT the abortions. I agree with grlygrlz, if the certificates were for someone to get birth control or a test done that otherwise couldn't afford it and couldn't get Medicaid...great. But a certificate for abortion? I'm pro-choice, but..damn. No.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:30 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Yeah - that's uhh...weird?

"Merry Christmas! Here's your certificate for abortion!"

"Uhh...thanks?"
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:36 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Yes the certificates can be used for abortions, but they are not intended for one. I don't think anyone who might get one is going to say, Yay! now I can go have unprotected sex, and who cares if I get pregnant, I have this nifty certificate for an abortion, Whoo, hoo!! I think the vast majority of these certificates will go to women who will use them to improve their health, or for birth control. Personally I would love to get one, and get some free birth control. I think it's a great idea!!
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:37 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• that is just sick and immoral in my eyes what the heck is this world coming to. i see children as a blessing not a curse or some sort of baggage as others might see them. if you don't one a child give it to some one who wants one but can not have one on their own. there are many family's out there that would love a child, and give them a wonderful home and a lot of love.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 11:57 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Well, nothing says lets spread the joy of the Christmas season like a gift certificate for terminating a baby.

I don't agree with Planned Parenthood at all, but why not make the gift certificates for strictly testing and birth control.....not the murder of an innocent life.
    Anonymous

• Well, if you don't believe in it you obviously won't buy one of these gift certificates anyway. I think it's a little weird to get someone a gift cert for any kind of medical expenses though. What kind of a gift is that?
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Yes I heard of this . I agree it is one of if not the most terrible ideas for a gift ever.
    wifeof1momof6

Answer by wifeof1momof6 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2008