Simply Show Respect.

Osama Bin Laden was killed. I say congratulations to our awesome Troops! I say congratulations to President Bush for having the backbone to bring justice to the United States and Congratulations to President Obama for ordering our troops to kill the S.O.B. I pray the families of 911 can find some peace knowing this horrible man is now dead and gone!

justalady774

Asked by justalady774 at 9:41 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Simply show respect for who?
    This "celebration" nags on me. How are we any different than the people who danced on the streets after 9/11?
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 9:44 AM on May. 2, 2011

• But.. but... but... we need to figure out who gets the credit! I mean, who's gonna get the special golden plaque that says "I singlehandedly killed Osama Bin Laden. May 1, 2011"? We NEED to hash this out! Right here! On the internet! I bet the secret service are reading our debates RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE to see how they need to address the public. Sneaky bastards.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 9:44 AM on May. 2, 2011

• While it looks good on paper I will remain Cautiously optimistic. Someone will replace him and who knows how long it will take to figure out who. Not only will someone rise to his position but they are likely to be not really happy with the fact that their leader was killed. While this may lead to good things in some departments it it not without potential risk. I personally will wait to celebrate completely.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:47 AM on May. 2, 2011

• but likewise, show respect and let them celebrate! you think i didn't celebrate and WOOHOO! when McVeigh was brought to trial/etc? being from OKC, youbetcha i whooped it up!! if you were directly affected by a loved being killed in the 9/11 attacks, and you choose not to 'celebrate', that's you own doing. don't judge them for celebrating the death of that evil man.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:47 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Does it bother you when a family is relieved after the execution of the death row inmate that attacked them? It's like that, some people just don't know any other way of showing their joyful emotions.

How are we different? Well what had we done to them to warrent their celebration of the attack on us? Justification is the difference.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 9:48 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Ooohhh got my first thumbs down of the day! I <3 you, internet.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 9:49 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I congratulate out troops and give them ALL the credit.

Answer by gemgem at 9:49 AM on May. 2, 2011

• He had plenty of time to give himself up. Look at Sadam! He was hung! Osama had plenty of chances but he ran. Who knows what really went on. I don't agree with taking "innocent" lives but he wasn't innocent.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 9:51 AM on May. 2, 2011

>>>>
    Wanting to see someone brought in front of a justice system and cheering for the system working is a very different thing than what happened with Bin Laden
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 9:51 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Simply show respect for who?

Im sorry, but the man that orchestrated the murders of more than 3000 Americans is dead....as well as thousands of his own poeple... The world is a better place without him in it....and I will celebrate that.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:57 AM on May. 2, 2011