Does anyone elses husband do this?

So I clean all week. I'm a SAHM and it's my job to clean and cook dinner. Which I am totally ok with, but when it comes to the weekends my house is a disaster. He makes it a mess and then I'm stuck cleaning it all week again. I'm not asking that he cleans but damn he can at least not make the house a pigsty. Clothes all over the house, dishes never put in the sink, laptop left on the sofa or table with adapter plugged in so me and our daughter are constently tripping over it. Laptop bag left in the middle of the living room floor. He takes his shoes off and never puts them away hell he literally leaves them in the middle of the hallway so when I'm coming downstairs with the baby I trip over them. I swear the next time he does it I'm hiding the shoes. It's so damn frustrating. Does anyone else have a husband that does this?

He has had a pair of socks and shorts laying on his side of the bedroom for almost a week now. I refuse to pick them up. Eventually he will get the picture. From now on if it isn't in the hamper or at least on the floor next to the hamper the hell with it, it won't get cleaned. I'm sick of it. If I say something he just rolls his eyes and gets irritated well I'll show him just how irritating it will be when he has no clean clothes.

Sorry I just needed to vent. It is after all Monday morning and I'm sitting here looking at the mess and started getting pissed. Well it's off to clean up the mess. Thanks for letting me vent. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on May. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Preach on sister! I'm not a SAHM, but still have this issue. I don't clean up for him now. I clean up for me. If it's his stuff I throw it on his desk or his side of the bed. He actually had the nerve to complain to me that he couldn't find stuff cause I kept piling more stuff on his desk! I told him to put his own damn stuff away and if he didn't like where I put it there's allways the trash! Nothing changed. We butted heads about it for awhile. I think I finally got through to him though. I told him it depresses me to see clutter lying around. When I'm depressed I can't get 'in the mood'. Which is true, I'm strongly affected by my immediate environment. Now I can see the floor on his side of the bed again and were at it like rabbits!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 11:13 AM on May. 2, 2011

• my house does seem to get messier on the weekends since everyone is home. My dh does do the samethings you listed, but I can't say much because he does help clean on his days off sometimes even when he gets home from work he will do things without my asking. So when he leaves his shoes on the floor, or dishes all over or shoes on the floor I don't say anything, but pick them up only because he does help without me telling or asking him for help
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:47 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I have already been cleaning this morning for the same reason. There are paths that he leaves from one place to another.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:43 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Mine does leave clothes laying around and hair on the bathroom sink from shaving, not to mention dirty dishes on the floor... yes, on the floor by the couch. lol BUT- he also helps me clean house, does the dishes because he knows I do NOT like to do them, and he works really hard so I can stay home with the kids. So I try to lay off him whenever I feel the urge to blow up about socks on the floor or hair in the sink.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:48 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Mine is the complete opposite, he is OCD when it comes to cleaning so much so that he does all the cleaning himself, because he says I don't know how, so I agree and tell him he is right!

Answer by older at 9:49 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I am a SAHM also and my hubs is the same way, he tracks dirt and sometimes mud onto the floors and doesn't clean it up. He can't seem to put away a dish or glass. He will leave his clothes all over his side of the room, he even puts wet towels on the bed after his showers. When he shaves he will leave hair all in and on the bathroom sink. He can't seem to aim well enough not to wet the floor around the toilet. He will leave every light on even when he goes to bed. He forgets to lock the door at night when he goes to bed. He makes a huge mess for me to clean up every day that he has off from work. I, too, am so very frustrated by all of this. I have just stopped picking up his dirty clothes and I tell him that if he can't get them to the laundry room that they won't get washed. I also demand that he cleans up his crap. I don't know why men have to be so darn inconsiderate, especially considering all that we do for them.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 9:55 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Your right my husband does work hard but when he was layed off from work for 5 months I still did everything even though he was home and I worked full time. I just think it's curteousy to not have your shoes in the middle of the hallway, not asking that he puts them away cause I don't even do that sometimes I'm just asking that he kicks them to the side so I don't fall and hurt myself or the baby. I'm not asking that he does laundry I'm just asking that he throws his socks and shorts in the direction of the hamper. I do it all and I'm fine with that but it's not ok to leave my house a pigsty and when I don't have everything done by the time he gets home Monday night to get pissed at me. I look at it this way. It took him 3 days to make my house look this way so it will take me 3 days to clean it up.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:58 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Kelly502-My husband also leaves his shavings in the sink. We are in the process of selling our house and after I spent the entire day making sure the house is perfect he will leave shit everywhere. Hair in the sink, toothpaste crusted to the side of the sink bowl, glasses full of water on his nightstand and the empty ones on the dresser for me to take down. Guess what when I get up in the morning I have my hands full:hungry baby, hungry 3 year old, irritated husband and I have to take down my water glass and the bottles plus the baby. Maybe if I just leave the shavings in his sink he will eventually clean it. When I clean the sinks I keep my side clean why can't he keep his side clean?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:04 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Hmm. Your DH has a vested interest in your house selling as quickly as possible. Any chance that your realtor might be able to talk about how the house has to always be ready for a viewing? Would that help?
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:19 AM on May. 2, 2011

• No unfortunatly it won't help. It's been on the market for a while so my DH knows how it works. But thanks for trying. :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:43 AM on May. 2, 2011